Pre-downloaded Dying Light 2 is the best way to make sure you'll be able to play the game as soon as it launches. Although some retail copies of the game have made their way out into the world, it isn't actually meant to launch until Friday, Feb. 4. Techland has asked players not to play these early releases and wait for the patch it plans to deploy on launch day.
Provided you haven't gotten one of these early releases, you'll have to wait for launch day to play. Here's how to pre-download the game and get in as quickly as possible when it launches.
How to Pre-Download Dying Light 2
On Xbox consoles, Dying Light 2 is already available for pre-download. You'll have to have the game pre-ordered, but if you do, you can pre-download by following these steps:
- From the Xbox home screen, head to "My games and apps"
- Select "Games"
- Find and select Dying Light 2
- Open the installation menu
- Select "Manage installation on Internal
- Check "Will install"
- Save changes
On PlayStation consoles, you'll be able to start pre-downloading Wednesday night at midnight. To do so:
- From the PlayStation home screen, head to your library
- Select "Purchased" games
- Select Dying Light 2
- Push the Download button below the game icon. If it's not there, the title isn't yet available
PC pre-downloading becomes available at the same time as PS4/PS5 pre-downloading. To do it, head to your Steam or Epic Games Store library, find the game, and click "pre-load."