The Bonemass Boss in Valheim is the third major boss players will encounter in the realm.
In Iron Gate AB's Viking-themed survival game, Valheim, players take on the role of battle-slain warriors spirited from their bodies by Freyja's mythical Valkyries and dropped into the tenth realm of Yggdrasil. They are tasked by Odin, himself, to clear out his enemies from the world and restore order to Valheim.
One of these enemies is the Forsaken Bonemass.
How to Summon the Bonemass Boss in Valheim
The Bonemass cannot be found at a particular place on the map. Instead, it must be summoned at its Mythical Altar—of which there are several in every world. Players who are having trouble figuring out where to go should look for a stone inscribed with a red Vegvisir in the Swamp biome. Much like its real-world meaning, the Vegvisir stone will point the way.
The altar should resemble a large skull sticking out of the ground.
Once found, players need to make an offering of 10 Withered Bones. These can be found anywhere iron typically spawns—including Sunken Crypts and Muddy Scrap Piles.
To make an offering, simply slot the item stack anywhere on the hotbar and hit the corresponding key while standing before the altar.
Tips to Beat the Bonemass
- Players should wait until they're out of novice gear such as leather before tackling this boss.
- The Bonemass is vulnerable to blunt damage so weapons such as maces and hammers are the most useful here.
- It will shoot poison, so have Poison-resistance Mead at the ready.
- Bonemass will spawn skeleton and blob adds in groups.
- Don't be afraid to use Cauldron foods that can boost health and stamina to make the fight easier.
The rewards for beating the Bonemass include its trophy to access its Forsaken Power and the Wishbone.
Valheim is currently available in Early Access on Steam for $19.99 USD exclusively for Windows PC and Linux machines.