Pokémon GO trainers want to know how to trade Pokemon.
Trading is still a relatively new feature in Pokémon GO. Implemented in June 2018, trading quickly became a popular feature in-game — as it has been in the main series. Indeed, this was simply one step toward bringing Niantic Lab's augmented reality smartphone game closer in line with its predecessors.
However, the process can be a bit confusing for those unfamiliar with Pokémon GO, trading Pokémon, or the Pokémon franchise, in general. That's where we come in.
How to Trade in Pokémon GO
First, in order to trade with someone, that person needs to be on your friends list. In Pokémon GO, your friends list acts like a "known trainers" list, and only the individuals on that list can be interacted with for trading and private battles. As long as this requirement is met, trading can begin.
The steps to trade are as follows:
- Open Pokémon GO.
- Navigate to your trainer profile.
- On the top of the screen, tap or swipe right to access the "FRIENDS" tab.
- Select the trainer you wish to trade with. This will pull up their trainer profile.
- Toward the bottom of the screen, they should have three icon options: "Send Gift," "Battle," and "Trade." Tap Trade to head into a Trade session.
- Select the Pokémon you wish to trade to them. Note the Stardust cost and be sure you both have enough.
- Once they've done the same, confirm the trade.
If done correctly the Pokémon put up by you and the other trainer will be swapped and you will have successfully traded Pokémon.