Infinity Ward is addressing a host of bugs and glitches plaguing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone in upcoming Season 5 updates.
Warzone players seem to be finding new glitches by the week. Just last week, one player encountered a tarp that was invisible to other players, and another got sent straight to the Gulag after dropping. While these haven't been pervasive enough to pop up on Infinity Ward's radar, there are some other more prevalent issues that the Warzone developer confirms will be fixed through updates coming this season.
The parachute glitch was acknowledged by Infinity Ward last month. This glitch had players accidentally deploying their parachutes after small hops from ledges or steps. The parachute glitch is one of many that should be fixed by the end of Season 5.
Upcoming Modern Warfare and Warzone Bug Fixes
Infinity Ward's Trello board displays known issues in the game, and they can be sorted by open, in progress, or fix coming in a future update. Here are a few of the issues that Infinity Ward has fixes coming for this season:
• While jumping in certain areas of the map, a player's parachute may open.
• Players have reported seeing Tracker footprints on the ground after respawning, even when they don't have the perk equipped.
• Players in the live environment have reported multiple issues with rank and Battle Pass progress, as well as not getting credit for missions and challenges.
• Self Revive, UI/Equipped - Players are seeing multiple issues with Self Revive UI.
• Battle Royale Quads - Player's minimap icon had both the downed icon and arrow when the player started the Most Wanted Contract.
• Season 5 Week 1 Challenge reads: "Call in the Personal UAV Killstreak 7 Times." Should be written as Personal Radar.
• Getting a kill with a flaming Throwing Knife does not reset the duration of the Dead Silence perk.
• Yellow highlighting of your name in the Squad widget is missing in BR Buyback.
Dates for these fixes haven't been announced, but expect to see them soon.