The Jack Link's Warzone Season 2 Invitational tournament concluded March 16, and lasted for more than nine hours with some of Warzone's finest competing in a kill race format to see who would win. A total of 32 players formed 16 of the highest tier duos teams that competitive Warzone has to offer.
Jack Link's Warzone Tournament: Who Won it?
The Jack Link’s and Envy Warzone Season 2 Invitational followed the traditional 2-v-2 Duos format in Quads, a format that most Warzone competitors prefer since it allows two teams to face off in the same lobby against one another. The rules:
- Duo Kill Race (in Quads)
- 16-team, double-elimination bracket
- Winners Bracket: two matches per round
- Losers Bracket: one match per round
The total prize pool for the event was $30,000, but it’s unclear how the money was distributed among the teams who participated and performed well. Here are the highlights of what happened during the tournament:
- Tommey and Almxnd took home another Warzone event win as a duo.
- Warsz and Fifakill, a new duo to the scene, performed exceptionally well and placed second.
- Aydan and Rated were eliminated sooner than anyone had anticipated.
- SuperEvan and Newbz placed third.
- Zlander and HusKerrs secured fourth place.
A total of 16 teams participated in this tournament, and it was a tight competition throughout the day. In the Finals Bracket, Tommey and Almxnd had knocked out Warsz and Fifakill in the Winners Finals, only for Warsz and Fifakill to win the Losers Finals and make it back to the Grand Finals. Unfortunately, Warsz and Fifakill would rise up to be knocked down again as Tommey and Almxnd secured the Grand Finals win.