Pokemon GO July Spotlight Hours were announced yesterday and is set to begin on July 7 with Tailow receiving double candies for each transfer.
Pokemon GO Spotlight Hours will occur each Tuesday of July. For an hour on each date, a specific Pokemon will appear more than usual. Players will also receive double rewards for either transferring, evolving or catching. Depending on the Pokemon and day, players could earn double the amount of candies, XP or stardust.
Here is everything we know about July Spotlight Hours:
July Spotlight Hours Pokemon Go: Everything We Know
In July, players will have an increased chance to catch Tailow, Zubat, Oddish and Buizel.
Here are the dates and bonus rewards for July Spotlight Hours:
- July 7 - Tailow - Double candies for transferring Tailow.
- July 14 - Zubat - Double XP for evolving into Golbat.
- July 21 - Oddish - Double stardust for catching Oddish.
- July 28 - Buizel - Double XP for catching Buizel.
This will give players the chance to complete or update their Pokedex. These set hours is the best time to efficiently register Pokemon by catching and/or evolving them. Otherwise, it will depend on location, weather and luck to encounter them again.
Here are evolutions the July Spotlight Hours Pokemon players can get:
- Swellow (50 candies - Tailow)
- Golbat (25 candies - Zubat)
- Crowbat (100 candies - to evolve Golbat)
- Gloom (25 candies - Oddish)
- Vileplume (100 candies - to evolve Gloom)
- Bellossam (100 candies and Sun Stone - to evolve Gloom)
In addition to the July Spotlight Hours, the Pokemon GO Fest weekly challenges begin on July 3. Legendary ice-dragon Kyurem will now also be in five-star raids following Zekrom and Reshiram in the previous months. Larvitar is also the chosen July weekly breakthrough Pokemon, which can also be shiny.