A new Overwatch Experimental patch has now gone live. Here's what you need to know.
The latest Overwatch patch affects Experiemental, bringing with it some buffs for a few heroes. It's been a while since we've seen any balance changes come our way, but with this new set of updates it's sure to breathe in a bit of life. The heroes receiving some buffs this time around are Junkrat, Moira, McCree, and Torbjörn.
Below, we've listed out all of the buffs, and nerfs, that have gone live in this Experiemental patch.
Latest Overwatch Experimental Patch Notes: Full List
- Impact damage increased from 40 to 90
- Explosion damage reduced from 80 to 60
- Added falloff to the impact damage
- Between 15 to 25m, impact damage reduced to 20% (18)
- Knockback amount reduced slightly
Developer Note: The main goal of these changes is to increase Junkrat’s overall potential power, especially at close ranges, while weakening his long-range spam potential. Direct hits within 15 meters will now do massive damage, while area damage and long-range direct hit damage will be much lower than before.
- Slowed speed when it has a target has been reduced from 27.5% of normal, to 15% of normal
Developer Note: This change allows Moira to get more power out of both of her Orbs, rather than them often using just a portion of their total potential before flying away from their targets.
- Initial slower damage ramping speed duration reduced from 0.8s to 0.5s
- Can now be used while in the air
Developer Note: This change to Deadeye allows its faster damage ramping to happen earlier, allowing it to be threatening to enemies more quickly than before. This change will help strengthen an ability that is often considered fairly weak compared to other heroes’ ultimates. Combat Roll being able to be used in the air is a nice quality of life change, but it is also a potentially powerful change when fighting against heroes with big vertical knockbacks such as Doomfist and Wrecking Ball.
- Cooldown Reduced from 10s to 8s
- Alternate fire ammo consumption reduced from 3 to 2 per shot
Developer Note: The Overload change allows Torbjörn to use Overload a bit more aggressively, instead of purely saving it for defense. When combined with the Rivet Gun change, Torbjörn will be able to dish out more damage more frequently, especially at close range.