Curious about the newly announced League of Legends Challenges? We've got you covered.
Challenges is a newly announced system that rewards you for all the activities you participate in and out of the game. Riot Games believes that with every game that's being played, win or lose, there's something worth celebrating. Additionally, Riot stated that "we believe that Challenges will help tell a story of your League experience and your journey to be the very best that no one ever was."
With that in mind, here's everything you need to know about Challenges.
League of Legends Challenges Detailed
Just in time for the 2022 Mid-Season Invitational, Riot has confirmed that the Challenges system is to be launched in Patch 12.9. The system will implement 300 individual challenges, almost 2700 tokens, and over 200 titles. Ultimately, players will be rewarded for achieving different goals throughout their battles on Summoner's Rift and Howling Abyss.
With the Challenges, there are five primary Challenge categories that will test you on different parts of your skill in-game. Riot talked about it five months ago when they further introduced the idea of Challenges.
- Imagination: Challenges that focus on many unique objectives
- Expertise: Skillfully crushing your opponents is the way to earn big in this category
- Teamwork & Strategy: Challenges that focus on working with your team to dominate the Rift
- Veterancy: Putting up big lifetime numbers in kills, gold earned, and other stats
- Collection: Challenges related to collecting cosmetics and engaging in loot overall
- Legacy: Limited-time challenges to commemorate past achievements. These do not contribute to your overall progress and cannot be leveled up.
Some fun challenges and titles that were detailed this time around are as follows:
- Pop Goes the Poro: Cause a Poro to explode in ARAM and earn the title “Poroyalty”
- Give ‘em Shell, Shelly: Take Turrets with Rift Herald (aka Shelly)
- Icon of the Rift: Obtain 100 Summoner Icons and you can become “Iconic”
- Stacks on Stacks on Stacks: Fully stack Mejai’s Soulstealer before 20 minutes
- Superior Supporting: Finish your support quest faster than the opponents
- Nashor Slayer: Kill Baron Nashor solo and you can be the “Baron”
- Aggressive Positioning: Get multikills after flashing toward an enemy and rock the “Flashy” title
- Solo Carry: Deal 40%+ of your team’s champion damage in an ARAM
With only a few challenges that were stated, more hints on the Challenges will be dropped leading up to its release.