Although Lies of P may be a unique retelling of the classic fairytale, both versions show the consequences of lying.
In the souls-like, Pinocchio is presented with many chances to lie. Players must choose whether or not they want the boy to tell the truth or not. The Lie System in Lies of P also alters NPC interaction, mission rewards, enemy encounters, etc. Certain choices also result in different endings, but there's only one way to unlock the true conclusion.
Lies of P Lie System: How to Unlock True Ending
The actual ending is also known as "Rise of P." Here's what you need to do to unlock it, according to the Lies of P Wiki page.
- Lie throughout the entire game.
- Defeat Eldest of the Black Rabbit Brotherhood.
- Find the "Portrait of a Boy" painting in the Black Rabbit Brotherhood hideout.
- Give the "Portrait of a Boy" painting to Geppetto.
- Give Sophia peace when talking to her at the Ascension Bridge.
- Defeat Simon Manus.
- Refuse to give Geppeto the heart.
- Kill the Nameless Puppet.
- Don't start New Game+ after the credits are done rolling.
- Play through all Records.
- Get the Golden Lie weapon from the portrait inside Geppetto's Study.
Note: You must earn enough Humanity Points to access the Golden Lie. Doing “acts of humanity” will let you gain these points. Check your Humanity Points level using two ways: (1) interacting with the cat at Hotel Krat or (2) looking at the boy’s nose in the “Portrait of a Boy” painting.
If the cat lets you pet it, you have enough Humanity Points. If the boy’s nose is long, you have acquired enough Humanity Points.