Lost Ark June 'Wrath of the Covetous Legion' Update Revealed
The Lost Ark June "Wrath of the Covetous Legion" update has officially been revealed, giving players a full-fledged, in-depth preview of what's to come starting this Thursday.
From Thronespire, a new single-player dungeon experience, to the Vykas Legion Raid, Kungelanium Guardian Raid, a new event island, cosmetics and more, here's a breakdown of Lost Ark’s Wrath of the Covetous Legion update.
Lost Ark June 'Wrath of the Covetous Legion' Update Revealed
Kicking things off, Thronespire is a new single-player, 50-level dungeon experience set in a "twisted dimension." Players will be tasked with battling until they run out of time, working to defeat as many floors and enemies as possible before they fall to the Demon Legions.
Completing the first 25 floors grants first-time clear rewards, while the other 25 floors are focused on prestige and completion times. Players will need to be Item Level 1325 to participate.
Vykas Legion Raid
Vykas follows Valtan as the second Legion Raid arriving into the Western version of Lost Ark. In this raid, players will face "dangerously beguiling members of the Covetous Legion" before battling Legion Commander Vykas. No revives are said to be available mid-battle, so players must ready to fight for their lives.
Vykas is an eight-player Legion raid, has three gates, and is complete with new unique characteristics, abilities and mechanics. Players will need to be Item Level 1430 to attempt Normal difficulty, and 1460 for Hard.
Players can participate in Legion Raids after completing the guide quest "[Guide] Notice: Legion Raid." As an added step for the new Vykas raid, players will need to visit the Lunar Knights NPC in Vern castle and start the quest "Blooming Again," which tells the Covetous Legion Commander's story.
Kungelanium Guardian Raid
Described as a "fearsome force of evil" in the Chain War, frost predator Kungelanium has seemingly awoken from his glacial slumber by the re-emergence of the Demon Legions and the Chaos spreading throughout Arkesia.
Joining Deskaluda, Kungelanium will enter the gauntlet of Level 6 Guardians available to challenge in a Guardian Raid. Kungelanium will be available for players to challenge once they reach Item Level 1460 or higher. Like other Guardian Raids, players can attempt to face them alone, with a party or matchmake with up to three other heroes.
This update is also set to debut a new event island, Heartbeat Island. Players can find Heartbeat Island by speaking to Jollous, the festival expert located in major cities, or by sailing directly to it (located near Anikka). Players do not need to complete a quest in a City to enter.
Heartbeat Island invites players to collect Festival Coins through various activities, which can be exchanged for a variety of rewards. There are daily quests that dole out Festival Coins just by relaxing in a designated area, and hourly quests for dancing and defeating Rekiel, the Dancing Queen.
- Added Stronghold Research that improves alternate characters’ honing rates on their journey to Item Level 1415. This can be researched at Item Level 1460.
- Refreshed the daily log-in reward track.
- Added new settings to change the Damage font size.
- Chest contents can now be sorted in alphabetical order.
- Added preventions to limit gold-seller activity. New store purchases will now have a 3 day waiting period before they can be traded or transferred out of the buyer’s account via mailing, trading, gifting or selling on the Auction House.
- Updated some localization text and in-game terminology. For example, Tier 3 honing stones have changed from Guardian Stone Crystals to Crystallized Guardian Stones.
Weekly Update and Reset Timing
Starting next week, weekly updates and resets will be shifted to occur one day earlier. Next week’s update and reset will take place on Wednesday, July 6 instead of Thursday, July 7.
- Fixed an issue causing some two-tone hair/beard styles to render incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue causing some tattoos to be mirrored on the characters face.
- Fixed an issue causing the attack type of the Deathblade's Earth Cleaver ability to display incorrectly in the Skills menu.
- Fixed a rare issue where fewer enemies were spawned than needed to complete the “Shandi's Trial: Focusing” quest on Bamboo Island.
- Fixed an issue restricting guild nicknames to 6 characters.
- Fixed an issue blocking players from claiming Thirain's Amicable rapport reward.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect rewards to be shown for Thirain's Amicable rapport tier.
- Fixed an issue causing the incorrect amount of rapport points to be received when gifting a "Soundstone of Dawn" to Lenora.
- Fixed an issue causing the incorrect amount of rapport XP to be granted when gifting Prideholme's Neria a Prideholme Potato
- Fixed an issue causing movement to become blocked after an item was transferred to the pet inventory while the Cursor Control Method setting is set to 'Pick Up'.
- Fixed an issue causing the earned Gold Designation indicator to reset on the character selection screen after relaunching Lost Ark.
- Fixed an issue causing the on-screen keyboard to be shown each time players cycle through a page in the store while using a controller.
- Fixed an issue causing an indefinite loading icon to display in the Quality Upgrade menu after an item was selected and filter options were changed before the upgrade was attempted.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Mokoko Seed icon from turning gold in the Collectibles menu when all Mokoko Seeds within a respective area had been collected.
- Fixed an issue causing weekday names to not display correctly in the calendar while using French, German, or Spanish.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to dismantle the bound Shushire's Will skin.
- Fixed an issue allowing the Alar skin purchased with Crystals to be tradeable.
- Fixed an issue causing numbers to be cutoff in the honing menu when over 7 digits are displayed.
- Fixed an issue causing an additional currency box to be shown in the store.
- Fixed an issue causing mouse and keyboard keys to be shown during the prologue while a controller was in use.
- Fixed an issue causing a keyboard key to be shown to skip a cinematic when a controller was in use.
- Fixed an issue causing a keyboard key to be shown during the "Town Where Light Lingers" quest when a controller was in use.
- Fixed an issue causing inconsistent reset times to be shown for the Farm within the Stronghold.
- Fixed an issue causing the reset button to not function within the ‘Accessibility’ tab of the settings menu.
- Fixed an issue causing the "Crystal Benefactor" title to be considered new each time Lost Ark was launched.
- Fixed an issue causing Seto's loot to not be retrievable if he is killed in the “rainbow room” within Naruna's Hot Spring.
- Fixed an issue causing level 12 recommended skills appear in the Book of Coordination.
- Included a speculative fix to address various UI elements, such as items, to get stuck on the cursor and blocking future actions. We will continue monitoring to see if this issue occurs after the update.