Madden 22 Title Update 2: Xbox One, PS4, PC, Stadia Notes Explained
By Jack O'Dwyer
EA Sports released its second title update for Madden 22 on Thursday, Sept. 2.
The update contains two separate sections for next-generation and previous-generation consoles—with PC and Google Stadia joining in for the ride. We’ve separated the two accordingly, as well. Players looking for the next-generation notes can find them and our breakdown in our companion article.
Madden 22 Title Update 2: Xbox One, PS4, PC, Stadia Notes
We’ve broken down the notes into specific sections for player convenience.
A huge host of throwbacks have been added to select teams, accordingly:
- Chiefs - 1970’s Home and Away
- Falcons - 1990’s Away, 1970’s Away, 1989 Home and Away
- Cowboys - 1994 MNF All White Throwback, 1976 Home and Away, 1992 Home and Away
- Colts - 1960’s Away, 1995 Home and Away
- Packers - 75th Anniversary Away, 1988 Home and Away
Multiple players have had their chinstrap and mouthpiece alignment adjusted.
Additionally, players can expect the following minor visual updates:
- Giants new White pants added
- Lions and Steelers field-art, Saints stadium updates
General Gameplay Updates
- RPO Option plays will no longer display the wrong defender as the Read Key on the play
- PA Crossers should appear properly in certain playbooks
- General stability improvements
Franchise Mode Updates
- Improved head-to-head stability issue
- Addressed an issue where some offline franchise players were given an incorrect game result after completing a game
- Weekly Strategy improvements, including: Training Logs in the Progression History of the Player Card will now show whether a Focus was Offensive or Defensive Gameplan-related
Franchise mode fixes will follow suit with those listed in the next-generation notes—including our snippet listed above. However, no Next Gen Stats improvements will be seen as that feature is exclisive to next-generation console versions.
Additonally, Face of the Franchise will feature updated Draft logic to avoid having two QBs drafted in the first round on the same team. Players should also now be able to back out of the player hub during the Road to the Draft.
The Yard Updates
- Added new plays to the Yard playbook: Crossfire Wheel, Flare Post, Blizzard V, Tsunami Wave
- Updated AI playbooks in The Yard to prevent AI-players from running out of bounds when using double-passes
Developers addressed an issue that would cause instability when getting to your 7th game of Infinite Run. However, Infinite Run will make a return as an option upon the conclusion of several current live events.
- Fixed a variety of issues involving overlapping or squished text throughout the mode (H2H Seasons, store timer, play hub, etc.)
- Fixed an issue where text would be cut off on 4k displays
- Fixed multiple R-Stick scrolls that were not functional
- Removed excessive decimals in some Next Gen Stats
- Renamed the Strategy Item slots to better indicate which items are allowed in each slot
Important Bug Fixes
There will no longer be an issue with players clipping through stadium walls or with the Riddle TK Helmet.
Multiple improvements to the user interface, including: stability, play-art displaying properly, prompts displaying properly, and more.
Multiple Super Bowl issues have been addressed in Franchise Mode, including: coordinator poaching, unavailable in the League tab during off-season, incorrect matchup display, and more.
The following fixes can be found across multiple modes:
- Progression and skill points will be credited and displayed appropriately
- Auto-generated avatar previews and icons should remain consistent and correct
- Profile widgets will appear and disappear properly
- Rewards should appear correctly
More information about the title update can be found on EA’s Madden 22 website.