EA Sports released its second title update for Madden 22 on Thursday, Sept. 2.
In it, the developers broke the notes into two separate categories: one for next-generation consoles and one for previous-generations. We’ve listed the next-generation notes and its biggest takeaways below.
The previous-generation notes can be found in our companion article.
Madden 22 Title Update 2: Xbox Series S/X and PlayStation 5 Notes
We’ve broken the notes into specific categories for player convenience, leaving bug fixes toward the end as not to clutter the more important headings.
Authenticity and Likeness Updates
The following players and coaches have received a likeness improvement:
- Frank Reich
- Sean McVay
- Sean Payton
- Kliff Kingsbury
- Mike Vrabel
- Cam Newton
Multiple players have had their chinstrap and mouthpiece alignment adjusted.
A huge host of throwbacks have been added to select teams: the Packers, Colts, Cowboys, Falcons, and Chiefs.
Additionally, players can expect a host of visual uniform updates, including:
- Giants new White pants added
- Patriots sock stripes fixed to show red stripe correctly
- Lions and Steelers field-art and Saints stadium updates
General Gameplay Updates
- Mode-Specific tuning of Momentum added - for online head-to-head modes, momentum will swing slower
- Eliminated an exploit where management to activated inappropriately when the defense had only 3 pass rushers/blitzers vs. running plays
- Playbook updates, including two new formations: “Singleback Bunch X Nasty” to LA Rams and “Pistol Double Stack“ added to Chargers, Eagles, Lions, and Steelers playbooks
- DE plays will now be able to be blocked more frequently
- Updated AI-team play-calling on offense for more team-specific tendencies and improved Super-Sim stats
RPO Zone Peek plays will no longer be able to scramble outside the pocket if they kept the ball with the QB. The defenders on the line will now play for the chance of the QB scrambling
Franchise Mode Updates
- Improved head-to-head stability issue
- Addressed an issue where some offline franchise players were given an incorrect game result after completing a game
- Weekly Strategy improvements, including: Training Logs in the Progression History of the Player Card will now show whether a Focus was Offensive or Defensive Gameplan-related
Additonally, Face of the Franchise will feature updated Draft logic to avoid having two QBs drafted in the first round on the same team. There are also marked stability improvements—particularly to the Xbox Series X.
The Yard Updates
- Added new plays to the Yard playbook: Crossfire Wheel, Flare Post, Blizzard V, Tsunami Wave
- Updated AI playbooks in The Yard to prevent AI-players from running out of bounds when using double-passes
- Fixed a variety of issues involving overlapping or squished text throughout the mode (H2H Seasons, store timer, play hub, etc.)
- Fixed an issue where text would be cut off on 4k displays
- Fixed multiple R-Stick scrolls that were not functional
- Removed excessive decimals in some Next Gen Stats
- Renamed the Strategy Item slots to better indicate which items are allowed in each slot
Developers addressed an issue that would cause instability when getting to your 7th game of Infinite Run. However, Infinite Run will make a return as an option upon the conclusion of several current live events.
Important Bug Fixes
Multiple improvements to the user interface, including: stability, play-art displaying properly, prompts displaying properly, inappropriate haptic feedback on the PS5, and more.
Multiple Super Bowl issues have been addressed in Franchise Mode, including: coordinator poaching, unavailable in the League tab during off-season, incorrect matchup display, and more.
The following fixes can be found across multiple modes:
- Progression and skill points will be credited and displayed appropriately
- Auto-generated avatar previews and icons should remain consistent and correct
- Profile widgets will appear and disappear properly
- Rewards should appear correctly
More information about the update can be found on EA’s Madden 22 website.