Magic: Legends' best class is necessarily a matter of personal preference. Each of the five classes available at launch has a few abilities to distinguish it from the rest of the classes, but those abilities are in many ways secondary to the spells you as the player will use to fill your deck. Still, your class will help you determine your play style. Here's how to pick the one that's right for you.
Magic: Legends Best Class: How to Choose A Class
There are five classes in Magic: Legends.
Geomancer — Melee
- Magma Fist — Punch enemies in front of you. The final hit of the combo grants 2.5% of the player's maximum health in shields for 10 seconds.
- Volcanic Fury — Deal damage to nearby foes. Consumes an amount of shield equal to 5% of your max health to deal additional damage.
- Furious Leap — Leap forward a short distance and damage foes near your impact point.
Beastcaller — Melee
- Wild Slash — Cleave nearby foes with an aether axe.
- Rending Throw — Hurl an axe to damage and Mark foes. Killing Marked foes restores health to the player and their companion.
- Wild Roar — Heal yourself and your companion for one amount, then gain additional health over six seconds and teleport your companion to your location. It applies taunt to nearby foes and gains +2/+2 for six seconds.
Sanctifier — Long range
- Divine Bolt — Fire piercing bolts of holy energy at distant enemies.
- Wave of Radiance — Create a wave of holy energy, dealing damage to enemies caught in the wake.
- Salvation — Gain a Devotion counter. Creatures you control are healed. When four Devotion counters are accumulated, create a 4/4 white Angel token with Lifelink for 20 seconds. Remove all Devotion counters.
Mind Mage — Midrange
- Mindlash — Blast enemies in front of you with a barrage of energy orbs.
- Confound — Deal damage to foes in a cone. Confuse a random foe that was not killed in this way for six seconds, then stun the rest for three seconds.
- Illusory Escape — Taunt foes with an illusion of yourself and gain increased movement speed.
Necromancer — Midrange
- Grim Siphon — Lash foes with your weapon, dealing initial damage and bonus damage over three seconds. The damage over time effect heals you for 10% of damage dealt.
- Grave Upheaval — Deal damage to foes in an area around target foe, then create two 1/1 Skeleton creature tokens for 30 seconds at that location. These skeletons replace any still alive from the previous cast.
- Necromantic Aura — Sacrifices any active skeletons from Grave Upheaval to empower an aura that damages nearby enemies for a short time.
So which class is the best? That depends on how you plan to play. If you're looking to cast spells from afar, the Mind Mage and Sanctifier are good choices. If you want to command an army, the Beastcaller and Necromancer fit the bill. But any class can play any style, as the spells in your deck will be the most important factor in your play style.
As the game develops its own meta game, one class may rise above the others. Until then, personal preference is the order of the day.