We've compiled a guide on everything you need to know to take down Mega Latias in the latest Pokemon GO Raids.
Niantic Labs has revealed that Latias and Latios will be appearing in Mega Raids starting May 3 and ending May 10. This is an exciting announcement for many trainers as these two Pokemon are extremely rare — often only seen for extraordinary events. Now could be the best chance most have at adding these two to their PokeDex for the foreseeable future.
So, here's how to bring down Mega Latias in Pokemon GO.
Mega Latias Raid Guide
Latias is a psychic and dragon-type — and this doesn't change when in its Mega form. That means it's strong against fighting, fire, water, grass, electric, and other psychic types while being vulnerable to bug, ghost, ice, fairy, dark, and other dragon-types.
Mega Latias can have the following stats:
- Mega Raid CP: 48,080
- Maximum CP: 3968
- Maximum HP: 172
- Attack: 268
- Defense: 246
- Stamina: 190
Due to its dual-typing, it doesn't have one particularly strong type disadvantage, so we'll be focusing primarily on what Mega counters will be the most effective. These are:
- Mega Altaria (Dragon Breath + Dazzling Gleam)
- Mega Beedrill (Infestation/Bug Bite + X-Scissor)
- Mega Gengar (Lick/Hex + Shadow Ball)
- Mega Absol (Snarl + Payback/Dark Pulse)
Other suitable non-mega counters include:
- Galarian Zen Darmanitan (Ice Fang + Avalanche)
- Kyurem (Dragon Tail/Shadow Claw + Outrage/Blizzard)
- Rayquaza (Dragon Tail + Outrage)
- Chandelure (Hex + Shadow Ball)
- Salamence (Dragon Tail + Outrage)
Once caught, Mega Latias will return to its normal form. Trainers will need to collect 300 Mega Energy in order to Mega evolve it again.