A majority of MLB The Show 21's 42 Series players have been revealed. With the game set to arrive on April 20, many players have been wondering what to expect from its first Team Affinity season.
MLB The Show 21 features Fernando Tatís Jr. as its cover athlete. Players can now obtain early access to the game by pre-ordering the Jackie Robinson Edition or the Jackie Robinson Deluxe Edition. This will grant them access on April 16, four days prior to the game's full release. According to a leak, the latest entry in the franchise will include a Stadium Creator mode.
The official MLB The Show twitter account has been releasing new information regarding the 42 Series, which was named in honor of Jackie Robinson. Here is everything you need to know.
MLB The Show 21 42 Series
According to a post from MLB The Show's Twitter account, "one current-day player from each team will join The 42 Series and can be earned by completing team-specific missions." The Series will also contain certain Legends, such as Hank Aaron, Frank Thomas, Babe Ruth, Cal Ripken Jr., and Pedro Martinez.
There will also be a 42 Series Diamond Choice Pack which will allow players to pick a Legend for Diamond Dynasty. Those who purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition will get two of these packs.
The following are some players who have been announced for the 42 series thus far:
- Hank Aaron (Milwaukee Brewers)
- Frank Thomas (Chicago White Sox)
- Pedro Martinez (Boston Red Sox)
- Cal Ripken Jr. (Baltimore Orioles)
- Babe Ruth (New York Yankees)
- Jackie Robinson (Los Angeles Dodgers)
- Ken Griffey Jr. (Seattle Mariners)
- Willie Mays (San Francisco Giants)
- Mariano Rivera (New York Yankees)
- Bob Gibson (St. Louis Cardinals)
- Jason Heyword (Chicago Cubs)
- Anthony Santander (Baltimore Orioles)
- Ketel Marte (Arizona Diamondbacks)
- KeBryan Hayes (Pittsburgh Pirates)
- Niko Goodrum (Detroit Tigers)
- Joey Gallo (Texas Rangers)
- Jose Berrios (Minnesota Twins)
- Luis Castillo (Cincinnati Reds)
- Mike Yastrzemski (San Francisco Giants)
- Trent Grisham (San Diego Padres)
- Salvador Perez (Kansas City Royals)
- Dansby Swanson (Atlanta Braves)
- Andrew McCutchen (Philadelphia Phillies)
- Franmil Reyes (Cleveland Indians)