Modern Warfare's MP5 was nerfed Tuesday in the latest patch applied to the game. Alongside the M4, which also received a nerf, the MP5 was arguably the best weapon in the game.
MP5 Nerf Applied in Latest Modern Warfare Patch
The MP5 nerf reduced the submachine gun's headshot multiplier and its range, making it less effective at a distance and upping its total time-to-kill with headshots.
Infinity Ward dropped the damage on the M4 slightly to reduce headshot effectiveness. The developer also decreased its range.
Shipment 24/7 returned in Tuesday's patch with improved spawning that should reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. See the full list of changes in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patch below.
Modern Warfare Jan. 28 Patch Notes
- Added Deathmatch Domination!
- Added Gunfight Custom!
- Shipment 24/7 is back! (Replaces Shoot the Ship)
- Removed Winter Docks
- Moved Capture the Flag into the Quick Play Filter
- MP5: Reduced headshot multiplier, Small reduction to 10mm range
- M4: Small damage decrease to reduce headshot effectiveness, Small range decrease
- M13: Range increase, Small reduction to horizontal recoil, Small damage increase to boost headshot effectiveness
- Crossbow: Players are able to shoot down an enemy Support Helo with only 3 Thermite Bolts. This has been adjusted; 5 to take down a VTOL and 6 to take down a Support Helo and Chopper Gunner
- Fix for an exploit in Ground War via ATV
- Fix for missing character model on the LA OpTic CDL skin
- Shipment: Spawn tuning to reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. Adjustments to spawn positions around the edge of the map for all modes. New spawn logic for Domination.
- When using keyboard and mouse, a controller button prompt will appear to access the Social Menu while matchmaking. On PC with a PS4 controller, the button prompt will appear as an Xbox prompt. This has been fixed