The second major patch for NBA 2K22 on Current Gen since launch has just landed.
For those on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC (via Steam) and Nintendo Switch ready for Season 2: Build Your Empire to officially go live, here's a breakdown of the NBA 2K22 Current Gen Oct. 20 Update 1.5 patch notes.
NBA 2K22 Current Gen Oct. 20 Update 1.5 Patch Notes Explained
Here is the list of patch notes for the Oct. 20 update for NBA 2K22 Current Gen:
- Courts/arenas for the following teams were updated to match recent changes made for the new NBA season: Cleveland Cavaliers, Dallas Mavericks, Minnesota Timberwolves, Phoenix Suns, Oklahoma City Thunder (+jumbotron), Toronto Raptors
- The following NBA players have received new scans and/or had general likeness updates made to them: Jonathan Kuminga, Franz Wagner, Josh Giddey, Moses Moody, Evan Fournier, Jabari Parker, Derrick White, Payton Pritchard, Keon Johnson, Tre Mann, Cameron Thomas, Trey Murphy III, Herbert Jones, Charles Bassey, Scottie Barnes, Isaiah Jackson, Etan Thomas, Derrick Favors, LeBron James, Steph Curry, Tyler Johnson, Marvin Bagley III
- The following WNBA players have received new scans and/or had general likeness updates made to them: Jessica Breland, Erica Wheeler, Victoria Vivians, Tiffany Mitchell, Amanda Zahui B., Sylvia Fowles, DeWanna Bonner, Stefanie Dolson, Bria Holmes, Layshia Clarendon, Natisha Hiedeman, Lauren Cox, Ruthy Hebard, Crystal Dangerfield, Emma Cannon, Kysre Gondrezick, Chelsey Perry, Jasmine Walker, Arella Guirantes, Dijonai Carrington, Stephanie Jones, Dana Evans
- Adjusted the logic for several shooting badges (including Chef, Limitless Spot-Up, Difficult Shots, Circus Threes, Rhythm Shooter, Catch & Shoot, Set Shooter, and Stop and Pop) so that each one triggers under the intended conditions and at the proper shooting ranges
- Fixed an issue that was allowing shimmy hooks to play from the 3PT line
- Signature animations will now properly reset after using the Build Tester in MyCareer
- Various improvements and support for Unlimited and Triple Threat Online: The 100
- Added support for Recurring and Event Exchanges
- Various additional improvements to The Exchange to improve the overall user experience
- Fixed an issue with MyCAREER Player Cards being available in unintended modes
- Added Event Card support for Auction House searches from My Collection
- Restarting during Skill Challenges should now work as intended
- Signed Player Cards will no longer have distorted backgrounds in-game
- Boosts applied to Shoe Cards will now correctly be applied in games
- Added support for searching for Shoe Colorway Cards by brand in the Auction House
- Prevented a case where players could accidently select multiple packs at once in MyTeam: Draft
Overall, this seems like a pretty promising patch, good on 2K for continuing to explain the changes in detail, albeit there are still plenty of ongoing bugs that players seem to be experiences such as the missing badges issue.