Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is set to receive a new map for its ever-popular Zombies game mode in a July update. The new map, Mauer Der Toten, will advance the Dark Aether storyline, but will return to the classic round-based Zombies structure players fell in love with when the game mode was first released.
Treyarch plans to release Mauer Der Toten in the free Season 4 Reloaded update, which is scheduled to arrive on live servers at 12 a.m. ET on Thursday, July 15. The Main Quest hunt will begin at 1 p.m. ET the same day.
The new map will include new weapons, some of which appeared in a gameplay trailer released Thursday. Treyarch also teased several weapons by releasing blueprint images for them.
Among the teased weapons are the LT53 Kazimir and the CRBR-S Wonder Weapon.
The LT53 Kazimir is a prototype weapon developed by Dr. William Peck and made from a portal device. The description on its blueprint says it opens small portals to the Dark Aether, and can absorb and teleport small objects.
The CRBR-S (which stands for Conversion-Ready Binary Repeater — Standard) starts as an automatic handgun firing energy blasts, but it can be upgraded to take different forms. Its blueprint showed three possible forms of varying size, including a revolver shape, a short shotgun-looking shape, and a full assault rifle shape.
Mauer Der Toten will also revive the fan-favorite Mule Kick as a perk, Treyarch declared in a preview of the update. This would be the perk's first appearance since Black Ops 4.
Mule Kick allows players to carry three weapons instead of the standard two. Treyarch says it will have that same function, but will also have five additional Skill Tier upgrades.
Dynamic Wall Buys are a new feature in Season 4 Reloaded. They allow all Wall Buy weapons a chance to increase in rarity at the end of every fifth round, with the cap set at Legendary rarity.
Finally, Treyarch has planned several meta changes it described in patch notes ahead of the update. Read those below.
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Zombies Patch Notes
- Zombie health cap: Reduced to +100% at high rounds (down from +300%)
- Specials health cap: Reduced to +50% at high rounds (down from +100%)
- Elites health cap: Reduced to +25% at high rounds (down from +100%)
- HVTs health cap: Reduced to +10% at high rounds (down from +100%)
- Reduced health of armor for Medium and Heavy zombies by 30%.
- Buffed sniper rifle critical damage multipliers, stock ammo, and max damage.
- Buffed melee weapon Pack-a-Punch and triple Pack-a-Punch damage multipliers.
- Equipment, Support, and Field Upgrades (Frost Blast and Energy Mine) will scale their damage evenly with this update. Equipment and Support will now be much more consistent in their ability to kill enemies, and Lethal Equipment and ground-based Support will see an increase in damage in many instances.