Moira is receiving some substantial changes in the upcoming patch. She is receiving changes to the damage component of her Biotic Orb and her Fade ability. The changes on her Biotic Orb make the damage now scale with distance. Players under a meter from the orb will still take some hefty damage while players at three meters should be able to mitigate its damage fairly easily. This change will make Moira players have to be more accurate with the placement of their orbs rather than aimlessly spamming them into the enemy team for free damage.
The changes to Fade are more significant as they act as a massive buff to the champion. The ability will now phase Moira and all allies within six meters for one second after exiting Fade. Allies will be immune to damage and effects while phased out. This ability has the potential to be game-changing, as Moira players now have the ability to save their teams from devastating ultimate abilities. A well-timed Fade can now save an entire team from D.Va, Junkrat, and Doomfist ultimates which typically kill their targets if not dodged. The change may be powerful enough to make Moira one of the game's premier supports. Take a look below to read the full changes!
- Attach angle reduced by 37%
Biotic Orb (Damage Orb Only)
- Damage radius reduced from 4 meters to 3 meters
- Projectile slow amount after a target is found increased from -72.5% to -80%
Damage-per-second now scales based on how close the target(s) are to the Biotic Orb
- Between 0 – 1 meter: It will deal 150 damage per second
- Between 1 meter – 3 meters : Scales linearly down from 150 to 25 damage per second
- Note: The normal damage orb on live is always 50 damage per second
- The total potential damage the Biotic Orb can deal is unchanged: 200 damage total
- Now phases out all allies within 6 meters (and self) for 1 second after exiting Fade
- Phasing makes a hero immune to all damage and effects. It will work exactly like Reaper’s Wraith Form or Moira’s own Fade effect in this regard