Before you get deep into the world of Aeternum, New World has released its Launch Day Patch Notes. Here's the full list.
The long awaited MMO from Amazon Games, New World, launches today. Many players will be eager to dive straight into this online open world, ready to start a brand new fantasy adventure. With its player base already brewing, it's likely that we'll be seeing a lot of New World in the coming months. With the open beta all wrapped up, the game was pushed back to Sept. 28 in order to work on player feedback. This, naturally, has resulted in a Launch Day patch. Here's everything that's been updated, just in time for day one.
New World Launch Day Patch Notes: Full List
- Fixed the following to respawn rates for named AI that are required for Quest completion:
- Fixed a bug that caused how completing certain side quests could block players from being able to advance the quest “Corruption Encroaching”.
- Addressed an issue where by resetting “The Ritual” quest, players would lose the Heartgem needed to complete the quest.
- Updated Barkimedes quests to address an issue where players could leave mid-Expedition and stockpile quest items for extra quest turn-ins.
- Unlocked the Main Story Quests after “The Depths” Expedition – the Main Story will now take players all the way to Shattered Mountain.
- Various VO and Text fixes and tweaks.
- Fixed an issue in the Windsward “Sole Survivor” quest where sometimes the quest would not update when approaching the Watcher.
- Fixed an issue causing Hapless Howe animations to not play correctly.
- Fixed multiple bugs preventing AI from properly leashing or spawning in invalid areas
- Fixed an issue that caused players to become permanently stuck in the exhausted state.
Speed hack prevention added.
- Fixed an issue that caused War to get stuck in the setup phase.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to receive PvP rewards from duels by drowning after the duel is complete.
- Fixed an issue that caused PvP flag to stay active in sanctuaries if the player dodge rolled across the border.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Iced Refresh perk from the Ice Gauntlet to activate from abilities other than the Mighty Spike ability.
- PVP damage scale adjusted to lessen the gap between high/low level players.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to use the item hotbar to duplicate items.
- Fixed an issue that caused T4 and T5 Azoth Staves to be unavailable.
- Fixed an exploit where a War Declaration mechanic could be used to duplicate coin.
- Fixed an issue that caused a player’s PvP Reward Value did not reset if they respawned at a camp.
- Adjusted the “Recall” function in the Game Menu to enable players to recall to the Watchtower of the beach they started at. After binding to an Inn the Recall function will return players to that Inn.
- Added a new streamer mode that will allow streamers and players to hide notifications and avoid interaction with other players to improve their overall experience while playing the game.
- Players can turn on streamer mode in the following ways: slash commands in chat: /busy or /dnd or through the new “Social” Tab in the Settings Menu.
Polish and New Additions
- Reduced the number of days a governor has to be absent before a consul automatically replaces from 30 to 15 days.
- VOIP is now disabled for the first 3 hours after character creation to limit poor voice behavior.
- Activated Twitch Spotlight and Twitch Sub Army features.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to take PvP missions without being flagged (via exploiting dueling)
- Fixed an exploit that allowed companies to be able to repeatedly declare war during the Invasion lockout period (but before the Invasion was scheduled) to duplicate coin from “refunded” war declaration costs.