New World released patch 1.0.5 in their newest update, with some changes and new bug fixes.
Many small bugs and issues are being discovered since the game's launch. At the end of October, patch 1.04 was released, and just a week later, Amazon Games released New World update 1.0.5. Here’s everything players should know:
New World Patch Update 1.0.5: Everything You Need to Know
The latest New World Patch saw continued work on getting rid of coin-selling in the game. This includes banning players and accounts who spammed coin-selling-related messages in chats, restricting trading and transferring currency for players under level 10 or with accounts less than 72 hours old, and redistributing coin value from some early quests to later in the Main Story quest-line.
Item duplicating was also patched after a bug was found where you can duplicate items and even gold. The error message "timed out while waiting for the server to describe world" is also actively being investigated according to New World.
Additionally, combat fixes, issues with Outpost Rush, and other bugs were also patched in the latest update. A lot of the patch included nerfs to game-exploits discovered recently, including being able to get out of the starting port too early in Outpost Rush, as well as reducing the coin and Azoth reward for the losing team in the mode "to encourage competition."
Here are all the noted fixes in the latest patch.
Outpost Rush Fixes
- Fixed an issue that was allowing players to get out of the starting Fort before the match starts.
- We now prevent multiple players from interacting with the Altar in Outpost Rush. This will prevent players from getting multiple summon tokens per 500 azoth.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the nameplates of summoned allies to appear hostile.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Battle Bread (the food buff in Outpost Rush) to be twice as effective as intended.
- Updated the tool tip for Battle Bread and Monster Slayer's Stew to properly describe the buffs they provide.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck in a teleport loop if they teleported out of Outpost Rush while using /unstuck.
- Life Staff: Orb of ProtectionRemoved the small area of effects (AoE) that were triggering on passthrough from every hit of the base version of Orb of protection.AoE no longer triggers on passthrough from the Aegis upgrade, it will only trigger on impact against an enemy/object now.
- Reduced attribute respec coin cost by 60%.
- Reduced weapon mastery respec Azoth cost by 75%.
- Reduced coin cost of chisels by 20-50% depending on tier.
- To encourage competition in Outpost Rush, we've slightly reduced the Coin and Azoth rewards for the losing team.
- We have surfaced the War conflict progress bars on the map and the Faction Board when there is an upcoming Invasion, as you can still gain War conflict for your Faction.
- Identical Weapon Equipping: Players can no longer equip the same weapon type in both weapon slots. We want each weapon slot to have a different weapon type to open up combat diversity. This change also addresses issues which could occur when swapping between weapons of the same type.
- Group Scaling Passives: Fixed issues which could cause passive effects that scaled on the number of nearby foes, such as Bloodlust (Great Axe), Against All Odds (Hatchet), and Outnumbered (Warhammer), to apply incorrectly.
- Spell Strike Consistency: Fixed issues which caused several magic spells, such as Ice Storm and Gravity Well, to not hit consistently.
- Resilient (Item Perk): Fixed an issue that caused this perk to reduce all damage instead of just damage from critical hits.
- PvP Flagging: Fixed an issue that allowed PVP and PVE players to heal each other.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some people from joining Outpost Rush because they had a pending group invite.
- Repair kits should no longer require Coin to use.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused players to use the wrong consumable when using consumables from the inventory screen.
- Fixed various issues with Invasion status showing before the Invasion was declared.
- Updated missing English text for on-login pop up explaining housing tax compensation.
- Fixed an issue allowing magic weapons to animation cancel their primary attacks with weapon swap or targeting spells, causing rate of fire to be faster than intended.
- Fixed an issue that caused Ice Gauntlet upgrade Pylon Dodge to only work immediately after you placed the Ice Pylon.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a player to lose their house while offline during maintenance. In a future update, we will be reimbursing the players who encountered this issue. Exact details around the reimbursement will be in the corresponding update notes.
- Fixed an issue with enemy AI duplicating and stacking spawns during the quest “Shivering Timbers”.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to initiate a server transfer if they were in the tutorial.
- Fixed an issue causing the Trading Post to become unresponsive or delayed.
- Improved server performance when a large number of players congregate in settlements.
- Fixed an issue that caused some territory influence to not be properly recognized when lots of players turned in PvP missions simultaneously.
- Fixed an issue causing some player titles to show as .
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck while fishing with lag.
- Fixed the UI notification for landing in a hot spot while fishing.
- Fixed a localization issue where bonus crafting percentages for tools were displaying as 0% for non-English languages.
- Fixed the time in Europe to properly account for the change from CEST to CET.
- Fixed an issue preventing gear score to increase past 589 from drop rewards.
Patch 1.0.5 is available now for New World. For the latest updates, check out the official New World Forum.