A notorious bug in Outriders is causing the inventories of some players to wipe completely, but here is a guide on how to get your stuff back if you were one of the players.
You will have to wait until the next upcoming patch is published The developers intend for a "one-off mass restoration" to take place. According to the official announcement on Steam, the People Can Fly team intends the following:
Outriders Inventory Wipe Report: How to Get Your Stuff Back
- Restoration should take place on a specific day and should be a one-time event
- The exact date is TBC but we’re hoping for this to occur in the coming week(s)
- We will update you when we have confirmation of date and timings
- We will only be able to restore the most valuable tiers of items lost, e.g. Epics and Legendaries
- We will be unlikely to restore an inventory full of blue gear
- The restoration should be additive to your inventory. It should not replace your current inventory
- Restored items may not have the exact same stats as the lost items
Unfortunately, the team can not guarantee to bring back specific items since if they were to focus on every single hypothetical then they will run into technical difficulties that delay their work.
If you have a particular situation, such as losing an item due to an error in your wifi connection or before an autosave could be completed, the items lost in that case are no longer retrievable.
The upcoming patch will be working on the inventory wipes, restorations, re-balancing, multiplayer stability and connection, and more. However, the date to which it will be released has not been announced as of yet.