The patch notes for the latest Overwatch 2 Season 2 hero balancing hotfix has been revealed.
As promised, an Overwatch 2 hero balance hotfix went live today bringing changes to a number of heroes. Here's a breakdown of the Dec. 15 patch notes for Overwatch 2 Season 2, per Blizzard.
Overwatch 2 Dec. 15 Patch Notes: Nerfs and Buffs Explained
- Cooldown increased from 3 to 4 seconds
- Minimum damage mitigated required to empower Rocket Punch increased from 80 to 100 damage
'The Best Defense...'
- Temporary health gained per target hit with abilities decreased from 40 to 35 health
- Now pierces through barriers upon impact
Augmented Fusion Driver
- Damage falloff range increased from 15 to 25 meters
- Movement speed increased by 20%
- Armor bonus increased from 150 to 225
Void Barrier (Omnic Form)
- Cooldown reduced from 15 to 13 seconds
- Primary fire spread increased by 28%
- No longer slows enemy movement
- Cooldown increased from 6 to 7 seconds
- Damage reduced from 6 to 5.5
- Damage and Healing increased from 70 to 75
- Effect duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds
- Invulnerability duration reduced from 1 to 0.85 seconds
As seen above, the hotfix does seem to hit on all of the heroes Blizzard said it was planning to adjust, except for Roadhog. Ramattra and Ana received some notable buffs, while it appears Doomfist, Sojourn and Kiriko mains are especially going to be feeling these nerfs moving forwards.