Overwatch 2 March 7, 2023 Update: Full Patch Notes Listed
Overwatch 2 has just received its latest patch update. Here's everything that's been added and changed in the March 7 patch.
Overwatch 2's biggest news lately has been the Overwatch 2 x One-Punch Man collaboration, which has now rolled out with this new update. Players can complete special challenges up until April 6 and earn free themed rewards, including the Legendary Mumen Rider - Soldier: 76 skin.
In addition, some Legendary One-Punch Man themed bundles are available from the in-game shop, including: Saitama - Doomfist, Terrible Tornado - Kiriko, and Genos - Genji.
But, that's not all. This latest patch sees updates for the Overwatch League 2023 season along with some general, competitive and hero updates. Here's what you need to know.
Overwatch 2 March 7, 2023 Update: Full Patch Notes Listed
Overwatch League 2023 Season
New Overwatch League Team Skins
New Overwatch League Team Skins are now in-game, including the Seoul Infernal and Vegas Eternal.
Team Bundles Now Available
Team Bundles are now on sale. Trios of hero skins will land in the Overwatch League shop throughout the season, available for all teams, and will include team-branded Weapon Charms.
Adjusted Distance Attenuation on Enemy Footsteps
- Removed "To the Victors... - Win 15 games in Unranked or Competitive."
- Added a new challenge, "Casual Dedication - Win 15 games in any Unranked mode."
- Added a new challenge, "Competitive Advantage - Win 10 games in any Competitive mode."
- Total number of challenges needed to earn all Overwatch Coins is still 11.
- Removed "Coin Line - Win 5 games in Arcade."
- Added a new challenge, "Change of Pace - Win 5 games in Mystery Heroes, Free-for-All Deathmatch, or any Arcade mode."
- Changed "Role Mastery" to "Win 5 games each as 2 different roles in Quick Play or Competitive Play."
- "Support Weapon Mastery" reduced from 12,500 to 10,000
- "Support Ability Mastery" reduced from 10,000 to 8,000
Challenge Progress during End of Round
- Challenges the player has made progress on during the match will be shown with a visual representation of remaining progress needed
End of Match Scoreboard Update
- We are taking a snapshot of each player's final stats during the match and persisting it on the tab scoreboard during post-match. Previously a player's stats and name would disappear as soon as they left the match
- We fixed a bug causing large parties to wait longer in queue than intended
- The matchmaker will now prioritize putting parties together which have a similar delta between the highest and lowest rated player
- We made improvements that should help reduce Unranked queue times and increase Competitive match quality
Competitive Mystery Heroes
- Competitive Mystery Heroes added to Competitive Play
- Season 1 begins on March 14!
Competitive Screen Layout Update
- We have added buttons to the Competitive Play menu that will allow players to easily access the tier legend, leaderboard, and competitive progress screens.
Top 500 Leaderboard Update
- Players in the Top 500 will now see an animated update of their current position on the leaderboard after each match.
- Terra Surge can now be interrupted by Hack
- Using Annihilation while in Nemesis Form refreshes your bonus armor
- Chain Hook cooldown now starts when the ability ends instead of at the start
- Chain Hook cooldown reduced from 8 to 6 seconds
- Added the hero-specific option "Relative aim sensitivity while rolling"
- Added the hero-specific option "Relative gyro sensitivity while rolling" (Nintendo Switch™ platform only)
- Added a timeout indicator for Grappling Claw located above the ability icon
- Minefield arming time increased from 1 to 1.25 seconds
- The shared cooldown for Particle Barrier and Projected Barrier reduced from 11 to 10 seconds
- B.O.B. now prefers to shoot at enemy targets that Ashe damages with her rifle
- Lunge cooldown decreased from 5 to 4 seconds
- Blizzard ultimate cast time reduced from 0.5 to 0.4 seconds
- Jump Jet movement is now influenced by directional inputs
- Torso hit volume width increased by 20%
- Immortality Field minimum health threshold increased from 10 to 25%
- Fixed an issue where the option to report Inappropriate player names were missing
- Fixed a bug with Game Reports showing incomplete data
- Fixed a bug where players on PlayStation® 5 were unable to save Highlights
- Fixed an issue where player presence was shown as 'Practice Range' when in Custom Game
- The Ultimate Battle Pass Bundle should now show as 'Owned' for players that purchased it (this was just a visual issue, purchases of this item were successful)
- Fixed a bug where some players who own all name cards could get stuck loading when using the Filter's tab in the Name Cards menu
- Fixed a bug on Nintendo Switch™ where all friends on the Social screen had the same player icons
- Resolved an issue where heroes performing an emote appeared as t-posed for players loading into the game
- Fixed areas where some heroes could become stuck
- Fixed several gaps in the environment
- Made changes to the lighting in some parts of the map
- Fixed a bug where penguins were missing a noise when being hit with projectiles
- General improvements
- Fixed a bug with the physics of the cow
- Resolved a collision issue that could cause some heroes to be stuck
- Fixed a bug with the camera placement for some Plays of the Game
- Fixed an issue with a tree that could cause D.Va to get stuck when entering her mech
- Fixed areas of the map that allowed players to escape
- Fixed an area where players were able to unintentionally stand
- Fixed a bug on Midtown with railing collision not being correctly removed after being destroyed in some cases
- Midtown can now be selected as an option for Skirmish in Custom Games
- Fixed a bug with the Raijin skin clipping into the camera when aiming and firing down the sights
- Fixed an issue where cloning a Sombra with a Charm equipped could cause Echo to lose all textures while Cloaked
- Fixed missing sound effects for the Sticky Bombs ability
- Fixed a bug where shooting someone with an arrow from a Golden bow could turn their gun gold
- Fixed an issue where in some cases players were able to walk out of being pinned by a Reinhardt
- Fixed a bug with Fire Strike VFX remaining after being eaten by a D.Va's Defense Matrix
- Fixed a bug where Lúcio's Amp it Up animation would continue to play after being stunned
- Resolved a bug with Terra Surge that resulted in the VFX ring not drawing for parts of the environment higher than Orisa when used
- Fixed a bug where you could be sent to the wrong location if taking Symmetra's Teleporter as it is destroyed
- Fixed a bug where your turret would target the same targets as other allied Torbjörn players
- Resolved an issue where the 'Is Firing Secondary' condition would not be triggered by certain heroes
- Resolved an issue where the 'Is Firing Primary' condition was not being triggered by certain heroes
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating a large number of rules
- Fixed an issue where it was hard to tell where the UI focus was when using a controller