Overwatch 2 developer Blizzard released a patch for the game Tuesday, Oct. 25, bringing the game's yearly Halloween seasonal event, Halloween Terror, to live servers. As usual, the patch added a host of new cosmetics, but it also fixed dozens of known bugs and brought a much loved (and much hated) hero back to the roster.
Junkenstein's Revenge: Wrath of the Bride is a limited time co-op mission that revamps the fan-favorite Junkenstein's Revenge wave-defense game mode. The Junkenstein's Revenge co-op Brawl has also returned until Nov. 9.
Players who log into Overwatch 2 from Tuesday through the end of Season 1 will receive the Cursed Captain Reaper Legendary Skin and Health Pack weapon charm as a gift from the Overwatch 2 team. These gifts are meant to compensate for the game's rocky launch.
Finally, Bastion has been returned to the Overwatch roster.
See the full patch notes.
Overwatch 2 Oct. 25 Patch Notes — Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where players retained 30% ultimate charge between rounds on Control maps
- Fixed an issue with Control Point maps not always correctly transitioning to overtime
- Fixed the ‘vs.’ screen not appearing in Competitive
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to invite others to Custom Game via clicking an empty spectator slot
- Fixed an issue with text chat being unavailable to gamepad users on PC
- Using Pause Match in Custom Game will no longer disable other menu buttons
- Fixed an issue with Kill Cams not playing correctly during Overtime
- Players should no longer be able to get stuck under TS-1 in the Push game mode
- Fixed an issue with controllers not being able to scroll on some UI
- Modified the umbrellas and tables in the forward spawn’s café so it’s easier to move around
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck in the umbrellas in the forward spawn’s café
- Fixed some areas in which players could get stuck
- Resolved a performance issue with some canisters placed on the map
- Fixed an issue with the ‘Little Red’ skin and ‘Line Dance’ emote performing a broken animation
- Bastion has been added back to the line up
- Resolved an issue with Bastion’s Configuration: Artillery where you could fire more than the three allotted charges
- Bastion’s weapon should no longer disappear when using Configuration: Artillery
- Jagged Blade should no longer be deflected or returned by friendly abilities
- The ‘Tanpopo’ skin can now be purchased and equipped
- Kiriko’s Heroic pose is now unlocked
- Fixed an issue with Swift Step not clearing negative side effects consistently
- Fixed an issue with Kitsune Rush not correctly reducing the cooldown of Baptiste’s Immortality Field
- Fixed a bug where Mei’s visual effects stopped playing during the match
- Resolved an issue with Mercy’s primary fire animation looping after switching weapons
- Modified the placement of Reinhardt’s Charms
- Fixed an issue where Roadhog’s Chain Hook failed to land the target when it should have hit
- Fixed an issue with Roadhog’s quick melee animation not playing correctly
- Symmetra should no longer be able to use her ultimate and place her teleporter at the same time
- Torbjörn has been added back to Competitive Play
- Overload can no longer be used multiple times in succession