Overwatch 2 Orisa Rework Detailed
By Jenny Cho
Curious about the Orisa rework in Overwatch 2? We've got you covered.
Blizzard Entertainment announced that they are making big changes to Overwatch 2. Instead of six players on a team, there will only be five players on each team. That means there will be two damage heroes, two support heroes, and one tank. With tanks tasked to protect their whole team, their role is more significant than ever before. With these changes, Blizzard revealed that they are two major hero reworks coming to the tank class: Orisa and Doomfist.
With that in mind, here's everything coming in the Orisa rework.
Orisa Rework Detailed
Here's what's being changed in the Orisa rework:
Augmented Fusion Driver
- Now rapidly fires large projectiles. Projectiles start large and shrink down
- Uses a heat mechanic instead of ammo/reload
- Launch your javelin at an enemy to stun and knock them back. More effective if the enemy hits a wall
- Now also gains 125 temporary health
- Now also slowed by 20% while active
- Reduces heat generated from firing by 50% while active
- Spin your javelin to destroy projectiles, push enemies, and increase forward speed
Ultimate: Terra Surge
- Sweep in enemies and anchor down, gaining the effects of Fortify and charging up a surge of damage. Use Primary Fire to unleash the surge early.
- Protective Barrier
It appears that the rework is changing Orisa to be an aggressive tank instead of one of the most passive tank heroes in the game. You can try out the new Orisa rework on April 26, when the Overwatch 2 Beta goes live.