Overwatch 2 patch notes for Oct. 10 were posted to the Blizzard forums detailing numerous hero balance changes and Sombra's new rework.
Overwatch 2 Season 7: Rise of Darkness launched on Oct. 10 inlcuding a new LTM called Trails of Sanctuary, a new Control map called Samoa and much more. The season and limited time event ties in the Diablo universe with Lillith appearing in promotional artwork. As well, there's plenty of hero balance changes to dive into.
Overwatch 2 Patch Notes Oct. 10: All Hero Buffs and Nerfs
Here's the full list of hero buffs and nerfs in the Overwatch 2 patch notes for Oct. 10:
- Damage increased from 7.5 to 8.
- Minimum Spread reduced from 0.5 to 0.
- Number of shots until max spread has been increased from 3 to 6 shots.
- Reload time reduced from 1.4 seconds to 1.2 seconds.
- Cast time reduced from 0.75 seconds to 0.65 seconds.
- Now cancels Stealth when hacking an enemy hero.
- Cooldown increased from 4 to 6 seconds.
- Hack has a reduced cooldown of 3 seconds if Hack is interrupted or if a non-hero enemy is hacked.
- The “Hacked” warning text will now only appear while you are silenced and not for the remainder duration of the hack debuff.
- Ability reworked to be a passive. Sombra automatically becomes invisible after 3.5 seconds while not shooting, using a damaging ability, or receiving damage.
- Stealth movement speed bonus reduced from 60% to 45%.
- Fade Out duration into Stealth reduced from 0.375 seconds to 0.25 seconds.
- Fade In duration from Stealth reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0.375 seconds.
- Updated the UI messaging to the Sombra player when hacking Health Packs to “Revealed” instead of “Detected”. Now the message “Detected” is only used when an enemy player is in the detection radius.
- This is a new ability assigned to Ability 1 by default.
- Fire a projectile that damages an enemy over time. Damage is dealt faster on Hacked enemies.
- Impact Damage: 10 (20 on hacked target).
- Damage over time: 100 over 4 seconds (100 over 2 seconds on hacked target).
- Can no longer can be manually activated. Translocator will now automatically teleport Sombra after 0.25 seconds from being thrown or when impacting the environment.
- Reduces the Stealth passive cooldown after teleporting.
- Projectile speed increased from 25 to 72.
- Cooldown reduced from 6 seconds to 5 seconds. Cooldown now begins after Sombra teleports to the location of the Transponder.
- Projectile launch initial vertical offset removed.
- Ultimate charge cost increased by 15%.
- Health percent damage decreased from 40% to 30%.
- Damage reduction decreased from 50% to 45%.
- Cooldown decreased from 8 to 7 seconds.
- Number of shots to reach max spread increased from 20 to 30.
- Size decreased 15% now matching back to the size of Particle Barrier.
- Health decreased from 225 to 200 matching back to the health of Particle Barrier.
- Damage reduction increased from 50% to 75%.
- Damage per second increased from 70 to 100.
- Now immediately slows enemies by 40% instead of building up over time.
- Primary fire recovery increased from .48 to .51 seconds.
- Overhealth bonus decreased from 100 to 75.
- Damage increased from 70 to 80.
- Secondary fire healing per second decreased from 120 to 105.
For the full list of changes, check out the patch notes here.