In a post written by Jodie, the Community Manager, Overwatch revealed their Retail Patch Notes for Jan. 2022.
The update includes the announcement of Overwatch's Lunar New Year 2022, hero updates for Mercy, and bug fixes for maps, heroes and more.
Check out below to see everything we know about Overwatch's Jan. 2022 Retail Patch Notes.in detail.
Overwatch January 2022 Retail Patch Notes Revealed
Seasonal Event: Lunar 2022 – Year of the Tiger
This year's Lunar New Year takes place Jan. 25 - Feb. 15, 2022.
"We’re celebrating Lunar New Year with luminous new seasonal items, including legendary skins Nezha Tracer and Seolbim Mercy!" Jodie, Overwatch's Community Manager, wrote, "Additionally, this event launches the fifth competitive season of Capture the Flag, and the Bounty Hunter mode has returned!"
Mercy has received a bunch of updates to her play style. Check them out below.
- Mercy can now attempt to resurrect teammates who die in environmental death pits
- When resurrecting, the resurrect marker will now freeze in place for the duration of the resurrection.
- Holding the ability button for resurrect while it’s on cooldown will now attempt the resurrect once the cooldown finishes
- Fixed an issue where Season 32 open queue stats were not appearing in career profile
- Addressed a geometry exploit on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- Fixed a bug that caused Ana’s Scope to activate when cancelling Nano Boost target confirmation
- Fixed a bug that caused the parrot on Ana’s Corsair skin to disappear in hero select
Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra’s name plate to appear in the middle of her model
- Addressed an audio issue during Symmetra’s “Have a seat” emote.