The Overwatch League has introduced a new competition for fans to compete against one another. "Skins in the Game" takes place from May 27–31 and the rules are rather simple.
Every time you play a Quick Play or Competitive match with the color of your favorite team, you earn that team a point.
Introducing Skins in the Game: support your favorite #OWL2019 team by tweeting and wearing team skins in-game to earn points and bragging rights! #MyOWLTeam— Overwatch League (@overwatchleague) May 23, 2019
Here's the details: https://t.co/IP0mvaiSWc pic.twitter.com/fqdahQtKCC
You can also earn a point on Twitter by using #MyOWLTeam and tagging your favorite team. There is no limit on how many points you can earn either through Twitter or through Overwatch games. Here are the rules:
- Points will only accrue in Quick Play and Competitive.
- You must complete the map in order to get credit for your team. If a map goes to overtime, you still need to be there at the end.
- If you switch off a hero with no skin, but you played a hero right before with a skin, that skin will still be counted.
- You can wear either the home or away team skins. Either earns a point.
- You can wear team skins for any hero. They all count.
- Atlantic and Pacific All-Stars skins do not count.
- This competition is open to all players, in all regions, on all platforms.
The winning team will be announced on June 3. This competition will return on July 15–21.