Phasmophobia has been given a new update in honor of the game's first anniversary.
Developer Kinetic Games has released an update for supernatural co-op horror game, Phasmophobia. The update celebrates the game's one year anniversary and adds a bunch of new improvements and additions. Such tweaks include an overhaul to the game's journal system, permitting players to cross off evidence, change settings, and a redesign that makes it easier to use.
One interesting feature that has been added is an offline singleplayer mode. Now, players won't need to connect to the server in order to play.
In a recent blog post, Kinetic Games thanked fans for all of the support they had given the game over the last year. "It has been an amazing year for Kinetic Games and Phasmophobia and I would like to thank everyone for their amazing support. Today, Phasmophobia is one of the highest rated games on Steam which is incredible and something I never imagined happening."
Here's the full list of changes which have been added to Phasmophobia through the Anniversary update.
Phasmophobia Anniversary Update Full List
- A complete redesign of the journal to make it easier to use and navigate
- You can now cross off evidence on the ghost evidence page
- The pause menu is now integrated into the journal
- You can now change all settings using the journal whilst in game
- Added an option to play offline singleplayer which won't connect you to the server
- Added new fonts for several languages that had missing characters
- The VR mute button has been changed to the pause button for all controllers. Your controller will vibrate when toggling mute
- You will no longer get $10 for failing a contract and will instead get the insurance depending on the chosen difficulty
- If you fail a contract you will now see what the ghost type was
- Ghost orbs will now periodically change position in the ghost room
- You can no longer see the D.O.T.S Projector ghost if you are dead
- Fixed a memory leak on the main menu when using a controller
- Fixed an exploit where you could glitch your head inside something to make the ghost not see you
- Fixed several safe spots where you could stand on something and the ghost couldn't reach you
- Bleasdale: Fixed a bug where the temperature would rarely drop in the attic
- Bleasdale: Fixed a bug where the hunting equipment effects didn't always work in the attic
- Fixed a bug where the ghost whisper paranormal sound was staying active on the parabolic microphone