PlayStation is continuing to make monthly additions to its new subscription service, adding eight Yakuza titles to the catalogue as part of the August offerings.
Fans of the Yakuza series will have the chance to dive into plenty of titles across the franchise as part of PlayStation's August offerings for PS Plus Extra and Premium. Four titles will be added to the service next month, with four more coming at a later point in the year. Heading to the catalogue first are:
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon — PlayStation Plus Essential / Extra / Premium
- Yakuza 0 — PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium
- Yakuza Kiwami — PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium
- Yakuza Kiwami 2 — PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium
PlayStation Plus Essential August 2022
As for the PlayStation Plus Essential line-up, players at the lowest subscription tier will have access to the following games from today, Aug. 2:
- Yakuza: Like A Dragon | PS4, PS5
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 Cross-Gen Deluxe Bundle | PS4, PS5
- Little Nightmares | PS4
The Yakuza franchise has been known for its blend of genres, from beat 'em up, to open world, to turn-based strategy. Its strong story and bizarre themes have cemented the franchise as a cult classic.
Coming later in the year for Premium and Extra subscribers are four more Yakuza titles, focusing on the more classic entries into the series:
- Yakuza 3 Remastered — PlayStation Plus Premium
- Yakuza 4 Remastered — PlayStation Plus Premium
- Yakuza 5 Remastered — PlayStation Plus Premium
- Yakuza 6: The Song of Life — PlayStation Plus Extra / Premium
Sony has yet to reveal when these last four titles will be making their way to the service, though it'll likely be later this year, after August.