Pokemon GO trainers will have to beat Team GO Rocket Leader Arlo with new Pokemon in January 2023. When defeating three Team GO Rocket Leaders, and the final boss, players can catch one of their Shadow Pokemon. Here's everything you need to know about beating Arlo.
Pokemon GO Arlo January 2023: How to Beat
When fighting one of the three Team GO Rocket leaders, there are seven Pokemon that players will have to counter. There will be one main starter Pokemon and the last two phases will have three different Pokemon.
First Pokemon: Mawile
Mawile is a Steel- and Fairy-type Pokemon, so players should use Ground- and Fire-type moves.
- Moltress - Fire Spin and Overheat
- Garchomp - Mud Shot and Earth Power
- Houndoom - Fire Fang and Fire Blast
Second Pokemon: Salamence, Staraptor or Charizard
With Salamence being a Dragon- and Flying-type Pokemon and Staraptor using Normal- and Flying-type moves, players can use Ice-types against these Pokemon. Charizard, however, is a Fire- and Flying-type, so players should use Rock-type moves.
- Salamence Counter: Mamoswine - Powder Snow and Avalanche
- Staraptor Counter: Glaceon - Frost Breath and Avalanche
- Charizard Counter: Rhyperior - Smack Down and Rock Wrecker
Third Pokemon: Scizor, Granbull or Dragonite
Scizor is a Bug- and Steel-type Pokemon, so players should use Fire-type moves against it. Granbull is a Fairy-type Pokemon, so it is vulnerable against Poison- and Steel-type Pokemon. Players may also face Dragonite, which is a Dragon- and Flying-type Pokemon. Dragonite is vulnerable against Dragon-, Fairy- and Ice-type Pokemon.
- Scizor Counter: Blaziken - Fire Spin and Blast Burn
- Granbull Counter: Lucario - Bullet Punch and Flash cannon
- Dragonite Counter: Glaceon - Lick and Sludge Bomb
For more Pokemon GO information, discover the promo codes for January 2023.