Pokémon GO at home is now possible after Niantic Labs made some changes in the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic. On March 12, Niantic Labs announced the Abra Community Day was postponed indefinitely.
But they didn't stop there. The company gave some options and bonuses to players so they could play from their house instead of going outside. While you can very easily play Pokémon GO in complete isolation, this option is helpful to many people.
Pokémon GO at Home: Niantic Labs Makes it Possible to Play Pokémon GO at Home
The Winter Box was introduced on the same day as the announcement, giving players the chance to purchase 30 Incense for the price of one PokeCoin. The Incense will also activate for an hour rather than the usual 30 minutes, and the range of the Incense has increased as well.
Niantic will also offer players the following bonuses until further notice:
- A one-time purchase bundle of 30 Incense for 1 PokéCoin
- Incense will last for one hour
- 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators during this time period
- PokéStops will now drop Gifts more frequently
- Pokémon habitats will increase and more Pokémon will be appearing in the wild