Trainers are readying up to take on the world in the ninth season of Pokemon GO’s leagues, and plenty are already counting down the days until it's their time to shine. Here’s the schedule and information about this season’s leagues.
Leagues this season will follow the same format as always, with each league divided by CP and Trainer Rank:
- Great League - Pokemon with 1,500 CP or lower
- Ultra League - Pokemon with 2,500 CP or lower
- Master League - Pokemon with 2,500 CP and above
Remix Leagues are also returning, which take a normal league and place restrictions on popular Pokemon in the respective meta. With Pokemon banned from these special leagues, Trainers are forced to improvise and use monsters that aren’t particularly powerful. Remixes are optional, and will occur at the same time as the normal league.
Pokemon GO Battle League Ranks: Full List
Below are the dates where each segment of the season will occur:
- Great League and Great League Remix - Aug. 30 - Sept. 13
- Ultra League and Ultra League Remix - Sept. 13-27
- Master League, Master League Classic and Little Jungle Cup - Sept. 17 - Oct. 8
- Great League - Oct. 11-25
- Halloween Cup - Oct. 15 to Nov. 2
- Ultra League and Ultra League Premier Classic - Oct. 25 - Nov. 8
- Master League, Master League Premier Classic and Players' Choice - Nov. 8-22
- All Three Links - Nov. 22-29
There are also some leagues arriving that deviate from both normal and remixed leagues. The Little Jungle Cup League only permits Normal-, Grass-, Electric-, Poison-, Ground-, Flying-, Bug-, and Dark-types 500 CP or below. The Halloween Cup only permits Poison-, Bug-, Ghost-, Dark-, and Fairy-types 1,500 CP or below.
Season 9 of Pokemon GO’s leagues are now available to be taken on by trainers worldwide.