Niantic Labs revealed its schedule for leagues and tournaments heading into Pokemon GO Battle Season 9.
The reveal came through a post on the game's official news blog published on Aug. 26—four days prior to the end of Season 8. As always, with the rollover of every season, all Go Battle League ranks will be reset and end-of-season rewards will be available for trainers following the rollover. The rank-up requirements will remain the same between Seasons 8 and 9.
Pokemon GO Battle League Season 9 Schedule
The Pokemon GO Battle League Season 9 will kick off on Monday, August 30, 2021, at 4 p.m. ET. We've broken down the schedule into two sections: leagues with their titular tournaments and standalone cups. According to the blog post, the season schedule will roll out in the following way:
Leagues & League Tournaments
- Great League—Aug. 30-Sept. 13 | Oct 11-25 | Nov. 22-29
- Great League Remix—Aug. 30-Sept. 13
- Ultra League—Sept. 13-27 | Oct. 25-Nov. 8 | Nov. 22-29
- Ultra League Remix—Sept. 13-27
- Ultra League Premier Classic—Oct. 25-Nov. 8
- Master League—Sept. 27-Oct. 11 | Nov. 8-22 | Nov. 22-29
- Master League Classic—Sept. 27-Oct. 11
- Master League Premier Classic—Nov. 8-22
- Little Jungle Cup—Sept. 27-Oct. 11
- Halloween Cup—Oct. 15-Nov. 2
- Special Cup: Player's Choice—Nov. 8-22
The Master League, Master League Classic, Master League Premier Classic, Little Jungle Cup, and Special Cup will feature 3x the Stardust until Nov. 22.
Essentially, the periods players will need to watch out for are Aug. 30-Sept. 13, Sept. 13-27, Sept. 27-Oct. 11, and Nov. 8-22. Based on the post, we can assume Season 9 will end around the end of November or early December at the latest.