Pokémon GO Fest Day 1 is set to kick off the 25th anniversary of Pokémon and the fifth anniversary of Pokémon GO celebration with a straightforward objective—catch.
Although the special event will take place over two days, with each day providing a unique experience, trainers will be able to participate in both days of the event with one ticket. Here's everything you need to know about Pokémon GO Fest 2021 Day 1.
Pokémon GO Fest Day 1: Everything You Need to Know
On Saturday, July 17, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. local time, all Trainers will be able to enjoy the following Day 1 features, regardless of whether or not they have an event ticket:
- Four themed habitat hours—Jungle, Desert Mountain, Ocean Beach, and Cave—rotating throughout the event. During each habitat hour, certain Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild.
- In addition to Pokémon such as Hitmontop, Cranidos, and Deino, others such as Galarian Ponyta and Galarian Zigzagoon will be appearing in raids while wearing special costumes.
- Pokémon related to music, such as Chimecho, Kricketot, Audino, and a special-costumed Pikachu, will be appearing in the wild throughout the day.
- Trainers will be gifted a free event shirt avatar item.
- Shiny Whismur, Chimecho, Audino, and Tympole will be making their Pokémon GO debut during the event.
Here are the features that will be exclusive ticket holders on Day 1:
- A Special Research mission will be available as Professor Willow and the team leaders need help to put on an incredible concert celebration by choosing between certain Pokémon to join the festivities. Complete this Special Research for special rewards, including an encounter with a Mythical Pokémon, a shirt avatar item, and an exclusive avatar pose.
- The Global Challenge Arena will be returning as ticket holders can work together to complete the collaborative challenge each hour to earn limited-time bonuses.
- Four Collection Challenges, each themed after a habitat hour, will be available.
- During each habitat hour, certain Pokémon will be attracted to Incense.
- During event hours, Pokémon appearing in the wild and attracted to Incense will have an increased chance of being Shiny, making it easier to discover Shiny Pokémon on Day 1 than on Day 2.
- Shiny Unown F, Shiny Throh, and Shiny Sawk will be making their Pokémon GO debut during the event.
For more on Pokémon GO Fest 2021, feel free to check out our coverage of Meloetta being announced as the featured Mythical Pokémon for the global July event.