Pokemon GO's Team GO Rocket Boss Giovanni is a difficult opponent to battle in the game. With Shadow Ho-Oh on his team, players have to strategize and plan how to beat this Team GO Rocket Boss. Here's everything you need to know about beating Giovanni in July 2021.
Players should locate Giovanni on their Super Rocket Radar, which can be obtained through Special and Timed Research tasks. If you don't have a Super Rocket Radar, you can gain one through finishing A Seven-Colored Shadow Special Research task.
After obtaining the radar, you can turn it on and look into the Team GO Rocket PokeStops around your vicinity. Trainers can inevitably find him through this process, but you can also check the Super Rocket Radar to find the PokeStops that he might be located in.
Pokemon GO Giovanni July 2021: How to Defeat
When battling Giovanni, trainers should be prepared to counter his two shields, placing your real first Pokemon in the second or third spot and turning towards them at a fast rate. Luckily, this process slows down Giovanni's moves.
Here's a list of some counters against Giovanni's team:
- Persian best counters: Tyranitar with Smack Down and Crunch, or Lucario with Counter and Aura Sphere
- Machamp best counters: Lugia with Extrasensory and Sky Attack, or Mewtwo with Psycho Cut and Psystrike
- Golem best counters: Leafeon with Razon Leaf and Last Resort, or Gyrados with Waterfall and Aquatail
- Cloyster best counters: Regirock with Lock-On and Stone Edge, or Arcanine with Snarl and Wild Charge
- Shadow Ho-Oh best counters: Thundurus with Thunder Shock and Thunder Punch, or Swampert with Mud Shot and Hydro Cannon
For more Pokemon GO news, check out the game's Fifth Anniversary Collection Challenge.