Pokemon GO Grunt Counters are easy to predict.
Ever since Niantic Labs rolled out their Team GO Rocket Takeover feature on Pokemon GO, trainers have been finding their favorite PokeStops conquered and being defended by GO Rocket Grunts. To get the items back from your PokeStop, you'll need to defeat the guarding Grunt and free the location from GO Rocket control. Fortunately, these grunts aren't difficult to beat. They have a bad habit of announcing their team long before you'll need to put together yours.
Pokemon GO Grunt Counters
Obviously, once you hit a certain trainer level, you can blow right through these Grunts with a well-trained Dragonite or Tyranitar. If you'd like to know which grunt will send out which Pokemon for Shadow or other reasons, however, here is a list. The key is to look at the battle phrase.
- "ROAR! ...How'd that sound?" means dragon-types. Ice-types are your friend here.
- "Normal doesn't mean weak." means normal-types. Choose fighting-types here.
- "Coiled and ready to strike!" means poison-types. Rock-types will be your best friend here.
- "These waters are treacherous." means water-types. Try electric and grass-types.
- "Don't tangle with us!" means grass-types. Time to roll out fire-types like Charizard.
- "My bird Pokemon wants to battle with you!" means flying-types. Use electric-types here, but beware of a stray Dragonite or Gyrados.
- "Do you know how hot Pokemon fire breath can get?" means fire-types. Pick a water or rock-type.
- "Go, my super bug Pokemon!" means bug-types. Any fire-type will do just fine here.
- "Get ready to be shocked!" means electric-types. Ground-types work best here.
- "Ke… ke… ke… ke… ke… ke…" means ghost-types. Your best bet would be a dark-type team.
- "This buff physique isn’t just for show!" means fighting-types. Pick a mix of psychic and flying-types to win this battle.
- "You’ll be defeated into the ground!" means ground-types. Water and grass-types like Vaporeon and Exeggutor do best here.
- "Let’s rock and roll!" means rock-types. Machamp or any other high-tier fighting-type will do.
- "Are you scared of psychics that use unseen power?" means psychic-types. Pick your favorite dark-type and go in.
- "Don’t bother – I’ve already won. / Get ready to be defeated! / Winning is for winners." has two different sets. The first features the Kanto starters, which you can easily counter with your own. The second features rare Pokemon such as Lapras, Snorlax, Gyrados, Dragonite, and others. For this, Tyranitar, Metagross, and Lucario can be a surprisingly effective team.