Elite Raids were introduced in Pokémon GO in October. These types of raids appear from special Raid Eggs that take 24 hours to hatch. The raid boss will appear for only 30 minutes and must be battled in-person so Remote Raid Passes cannot be used. The Pokémon Hoopa Unbound has been the Elite Raid boss for the previous two raids and it is returning for the third this December.
Pokémon GO Hoopa Unbound: Weakness
First introduced in Pokémon generation six for the 3DS, Unbound Hoopa is a Dark/Psychic- type Pokémon. It will be weak to Bug and Fairy-types so make sure you and your friends are utilizing those types of moves.
Pokémon GO Hoopa Unbound: Moveset
Hoopa Unbound can make use of the following moves in Pokémon GO:
- Dark Pulse
- Shadow Ball
Pokémon GO Hoopa Unbound: Counters
After learning Hoopa Unbound's moves and what types it is weak against here are some Pokémon to counter it with:
- Mega Beedrill - Bug Bite + X-Scissor
- Genesect - Fury Cutter + X-Scissor
- Pinsir - Bug Bite + X-Scissor
- Mega Absol - Snarl + Megahorn
- Mega Alakazam - Counter + Dazzling Gleam
- Butterfree - Bug Bite + Bug Buzz
- Ninjask - Fury Cutter + Bug Buzz
- Samurott - Fury Cutter + Megahorn
- Mothim - Bug Bite + Bug Buzz
- Crustle - Fury Cutter + X-Scissor
Even though this is the third time in a row that Hoopa Unbound has been the Elite Raid boss, it is good to have a reminder of its weakness.