Pokémon GO New Year's Event is just around the corner as fans are getting ready to celebrate the beginning of 2021. Niantic has told trainers to expect new costumed Pokémon and the return of some familiar Pokémon wearing party hats. The event will start on Thursday, Dec. 31, 2020 at 10 p.m. to Monday, Jan. 4, 2021 at 10 p.m. local time.
Pokémon GO New Year's Event: All You Need to Know
During the event, trainers should expect to run into the following:
- Some Pokémon will be wearing festive costumes to celebrate the new year with us!
- Slowpoke wearing 2020 glasses will be appearing in the wild, appearing after you complete Field Research tasks, appearing in raids, and hatching from 2 km Eggs.
- Evolve Slowpoke wearing 2020 glasses to get a Slowbro wearing 2021 glasses!
- Pichu wearing a New Year’s hat will be hatching from 2 km Eggs
- Pikachu wearing a New Year’s hat will be appearing in the wild and after you complete Field Research tasks. You can also get one by evolving a Pichu wearing a New Year’s hat.
- Evolve Pikachu wearing a New Year’s hat to get a Raichu wearing a New Year’s hat!
- Wynaut will be hatching from 2 km Eggs. If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Wynaut!
- Raticate, Wobbuffet, and Wurmple wearing party hats will be appearing in one-star raids. Klink and Espurr will be joining them as well.
- Eevee wearing a party hat will be available as a Field Research reward encounter.
- Dress up for 2021! Beginning on Wednesday, December 30, 2020, at 4 p.m. ET, the 2021 Glasses and the New Year’s Party Hat avatar items will be available in the in-app shop.
- Boxes will contain different items during the event! Check out the shop for more details.
There are numerous bonuses trainers can earn too during the New Year's Event:
- 2× Hatch Candy
- 2× Hatch Stardust
- 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed in an Incubator during this time
While waiting for the year 2021, trainers can enjoy Pokémon GO raids during the month of December. Don't forget to get ready for Pokémon GO Machop Community Day which will take place shortly after the New Year's Event!