Pokémon GO's Season of Light event begins in just a couple of days and offers players myriad special opportunities for unusual Pokémon, extra XP, and plenty of other bonuses. Here's everything you need to know about the September Content Update.
Pokémon GO Season of Light Dates: How Long is the Season of Light?
Season of Light officially kicks off Wednesday, Sept. 1. That's when the first in-game events begin, including the event's Research Breakthrough, its first Mega Raid, and its Special Research task.
The event runs throughout September, but a few aspects continue past the end of the month. Mega Lopunny will be the Mega Raid boss from Sept. 27 to Oct. 8; Yveltal will be the 5 Star Raid Boss from Sept. 27 to Oct. 8; the Fashion Week event will run Sept. 27 to Oct. 3; and the Special Research will run until Dec. 1.
Pokémon GO Season of Light 5 Star Raids
Deoxys in its various forms will appear throughout the first two weeks of 5 Star Raids, followed by two unannounced Pokémon and then by Yveltal. Here's the schedule:
- Sept. 1-13: Deoxys (Normal Form, Attack Form, Defense Form and Speed Form)
- Sept. 13-27: TBA
- Sept. 27-Oct. 8: Yveltal
All the Deoxys forms and Yveltal will also appear as Shiny variants.
Pokémon GO Season of Light Mega Raids
Here are all the Mega Raid bosses for the Season of Light event:
- Sept. 1-6: Mega Ampharos
- Sept. 6-16: TBA
- Sept. 16-27: TBA
- Sept. 27-Oct. 8: Mega Lopunny
Two of the four Mega Raid bosses have yet to be announced, but both Mega Ampharos and Mega Lopunny will be available in Shiny form. Each Mega Raid still start at 10 a.m. local time.
Pokémon GO Season of Light Spotlight Hours
Four Spotlight Hours will take place over the course of the Season of Light event, each running 6-7 p.m. local time. All four will feature Pokémon that can appear in Shiny form:
- Sept. 6: Munna (2x Stardust for catching)
- Sept. 13: Ralts (2x XP for catching)
- Sept. 20: Aron (2x Candy for catching)
- Sept. 27: Minccino (2x Candy for transferring)
Pokémon GO Season of Light Events
Season of Light brings seven miscellaneous in-game events:
- Sept. 3, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. local time: Inkay Limited Research
- Sept. 6-12, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. local time: Psychic Spectacular
- Sept. 10, 6-9 p.m. local time: Clefairy Commotion
- Sept. 11, 2-5 p.m. local time: Deoxys Raid Day
- Sept. 16-21 10 a.m.-8p.m. local time: Test Your Mettle
- Sept. 18, 2-5 p.m. local time: September Community
- Sept. 27-Oct. 3, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. local time: Fashion Week
Pokémon GO Season of Light Raid Hours
Raid Hours for the month take place from 6-7 p.m. local time.
- Sept. 7: Deoxys (All Forms)
- Sept. 14: TBA
- Sept. 21: TBA
- Sept. 28: Yveltal
Pokémon GO Season of Light Research Breakthrough
The Research Breakthrough for the Season of Light begins at 4 p.m. ET on Sept. 1 and runs until Oct. 1. It focuses on Medicham and rewards 1 Premium Raid Pass.
Pokémon GO Season of Light Safari Zone: Goyang
The month's Safari Zone will take place Sept. 23-25 in Goyang, South Korea.