Pokémon GO's Sustainability Week is coming up, and it'll bring players all kinds of bonuses and special offers. Here's what you need to know about the event.
Pokemon GO Sustainability Week: What You Need to Know
Sustainability Week kicks off Tuesday, April 20 at 10 a.m. local time and runs through Sunday, April 25 at 8 p.m. local time. The event will introduce the following in-game features:
- Binacle, the Two-Handed Pokémon, will appear for the first time in Pokémon GO
- Grimer, Drilbur, Trubbish Ferroseed and other similar Pokémon will appear in the wild more often
- Shiny Trubbish will be available
- Diglett, Tangela, Goldeen, Budew, Cherubi, Finneon and Drilbur will hatch from 5km Eggs
- Vileplume, Alolan Exeggutor, Trubbish, Binacle and more Pokémon will appear in raids
- Event-exclusive Field Research will offer encounters with Cottonee, Chespin, Binacle and more
- Event-exclusive Timed Research will be available
- Free Sustainability Week in-game T-shirt will be available in the shop
The last Sunday of the event will offer players the chance to work together to unlock special rewards by participating in Niantic Sustainability Campaign events in the real world. Doing so will unlock rewards in tiers.
- Tier 1 (2,500 activations): Five-star raids will appear more often.
- Tier 2 (5,000 activations): A free bundle containing three Remote Raid Passes will be available in the shop. The rewards from Tier 1 will remain active.
- Tier 3 (10,000 activations): A 2x Catch XP bonus will be live. The rewards from Tiers 1 and 2 will remain active.