The next Pokémon GO event, occurring in February, will primarily feature Pokémon hailing from the Hoenn region, or generation III games. The event has been titled "Pokémon GO Tour: Hoenn - Las Vegas" and was announced last week by Niantic.
Honing in on Hoenn Pokémon, players will be able to see many different Pokémon become available, experience bonuses with raids, have improved shiny odds, see rare Pikachu forms, have the chance to encounter legendary Pokémon and get new game story opportunities.
Pokémon GO Tour Las Vegas 2023 Details
Before the event goes global, most of the benefits that players will receive will be exclusive to those in Las Vegas from Feb. 18 to Feb. 19.
Players making a trip to Las Vegas will get specific benefits such as exclusive merchandise and expanded gameplay opportunities (namely, getting event-specific Kyogre and Groudon capable of Primal Reversion).
Ticket holders gain these benefits:
- Six special trades capable of being made within Sunset Park.
- Stardust cost for trades are halved.
- Increased chance of encountering shiny Pokémon.
- Halved walking distance to hatch eggs.
- Nine additional free Raid Passes from spinning Photo Discs at Gyms.
- Incense will boost chance of finding costumed Pokémon.
- Special Research Story involving Team Rocket GO.
While most event features are limited to those in Las Vegas (with most bonuses being specific to players in Sunset Park), when the event goes global on Feb. 25, players all over the world can experience the ability to catch the Generation III Pokémon that are featured.
Specific information about potential encounters and other information about the in-person event can be found here.