Pokémon GO Ultra Unlock Part 2 is the next event for players to look forward to. Where Part 1 focused on Dialga, the legendary Pokémon capable of disrupting the flow of time, Part 2 will focus on space, which Niantic describes as the dimensional counterpart to time. Here's everything we know so far about what the event will bring.
Pokémon GO Ultra Unlock Part 2: Space: Everything We Know So Far
Pokémon GO Ultra Unlock Part 2: Space will begin Friday, Aug. 6 at 10 a.m. local time. It will run until Tuesday, Aug. 17 at 8 p.m. local time. The event is built around Palkia, a legendary Pokémon capable of distorting space. As a result, players will be able to pick up Pokémon in areas in which they don't normally appear.
The following regional exclusive Pokémon will hatch from 7km eggs:
- West Sea and East Sea Shellos
- Red-Striped and Blue-Striped Basculin
Some of those Pokémon will also appear in raids:
- Palkia will appear in five-star raids, as will Shiny Palkia.
- Alakazam, Kangaskhan, and Heracross will be appearing in three-star raids, as will Shiny Kangaskhan and Shiny Heracross
- Unown U, West Sea and East Sea Shellos, Elgyem, and Espurr will appear in one-star raids, as will Shiny Unown U
Niantic will also offer Timed Research encounters for certain unnamed, event-themed Pokémon. The Timed Research will be available for the duration of the event.
Field Research tied into the event's theme will also be available throughout the event.
Although Niantic is planning an Ultra Unlock Part 3, it has yet to reveal details beyond its timeframe: Friday, Aug. 20 at 10 a.m. local time to Tuesday, Aug. 31 at 8 p.m. local time.