Pokemon GO Water Festival: Field Research
Pokemon Go Water Festival has started just recently. The 2019 Water Festival has increased the spawn rate of water-type Pokemon, which will bring more water-type eggs, and has released a set of field research that players can complete. Here, we detail exactly what you need to do for the field research, as well as what rewards you will earn.
Pokemon Go Water Festival: Field Research
The new field research will appear in your research tasks list, and they will have a water festival tag next to them. Here are the tasks you need to complete for the field research, as well as their specific rewards:
• Earn a candy walking with your buddy (Barboach encounter)
• Catch 10 water-type Pokemon (1,000 stardust)
• Catch 5 water-type Pokemon (Krabby encounter)
• Evolve 3 Carvanha or Barboach (Clamperl encounter)
• Hatch 5 eggs (Blastoise encounter)
• Win 2 raids (Azumarill encounter)
• Defeat a Team GO Rocket Grunt (Carvanha encounter)
• Take 5 Snapshots of water-type Pokemon (Seel encounter)
As you can see, a majority of the rewards are Pokemon encounters. However, if you manage to catch these Pokemon, they will help you in achieving the challenges where you need to catch a certain number of water-type Pokemon. Make sure you complete these tasks as fast as you can, as the event will last until Aug. 30 at 4 p.m. ET.
Photo courtesy of Niantic