The Pokémon Snap Celebration event in Pokémon GO kicked off Thursday and runs through Sunday. For the duration of the celebration players will gain access to plenty of special opportunities for Pokémon catching and research. Here's everything you need to know about the Pokémon Snap Celebration event.
Pokémon Snap Celebration Event: Everything You Need to Know
After beginning Thursday at 10 a.m. local time, the celebration runs through Sunday, May 2, at 8 p.m. local time. Pokémon inspired by the landscape of the Lental region — where New Pokémon Snap takes place — will appear more often in the wild. Those include Pokémon from deserts, jungles and underwater. Pokémon inspired by the Lental region will also appear more often in raids.
The boosted Pokémon are as follows:
To encourage players to take snapshots, Smeargle will appear in snapshots more often for a 15 shots per day, per player. Shiny Smeargle will also be discoverable in encounters during the event and will vanish once it ends.
Also as a tie-in to Snap's focus on picture-taking, a camera avatar item and camera-themed Gift stickers will be available in the shop during the event. The Gift stick can also be picked up at PokéStops.
New Pokémon Snap Celebration Quest Steps
Here's how to complete the quest added with the celebration and the rewards for each step.
- Take a Snapshot of Metapod, Aipom or Lotad in the wild - 5 PokéBalls
- Use 3 Berries to help catch Pokémon - Bunnelby encounter
- Take 3 Snapshots of wild Pokémon - Meowth encounter
- Rewards: 750 XP, 5 Nanab Berries, Dodrio encounter
- Take a Snapshot of Sandshrew, Trapinch or Cacnea in the wild - 10 PokéBalls
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokémon - Sandshrew encounter
- Take 3 Snapshots of wild Ground Pokémon - Onix encounter
- Rewards: 1250 XP, 5 Razz Berries, Skamory encounter
- Take a Snapshot of Chinchou, Finneon or Ducklett in the wild - 10 Great Balls
- Use 7 Berries to help catch Pokémon - Wailmer encounter
- Take 3 Snapshots of wild Water Pokémon - Qwilfish encounter
- Rewards: 2000 XP, 5 Pinap Berries, Matine encounter
- Take 15 Snapshots of Wild Pokémon - 10 Great Balls
- Take a Snapshot of Dodrio, Mantine or Skamory in the wild - Skorupi encounter
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokémon: - 1000 Stardust
- Rewards: 8000 XP, Clamperl encounter
Pokémon Snap Celebration Event Field Research
Here's how to complete the new Field Research and all the rewards you'll pick up along the way.
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokémon reward - Croagunk, Stunfisk, Stunky, Wooper or Wurmple encounter
- Use 5 Golden Razz Berries to help catch Pokémon reward - Alolan Vulpux or Lapras encounter
- Take a Snapshot of a wild Pokémon reward - 3 Pinap Berries or Razz Berries
- Take 5 Snapshots of wild Pokémon reward - Dodrio, Skarmory or Mantine encounter