We've put together a short explanation of all the important changes shipped with the recent Pokemon UNITE game update.
Unsurprisingly, the largest part of this update was the sheer number of roster shifts, Pokemon rebalances, and move changes made to each combatant available in Pokemon UNITE. So, without further ado, we'll head right into those tweaks listed in the update's patch notes.
Pokemon UNITE Game Update Sept. 22: Full List of Pokemon Rebalances
Before we get into the adjustments and changes made to each Pokemon, we'd like to note several bug fixes made to the individual moves listed below:
Notable Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug affecting the possible timing for ending Charizard's Seismic Slam.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when Cinderace's Blazing Bicycle Kick fails to activate.
- Fixed a bug affecting the decrease to opposing Pokémon’s movement speed when affected by Greninja's Water Shuriken.
- Fixed a bug causing Greninja's Smokescreen+ effect to trigger even before the move is upgraded.
- Fixed a bug affecting opposing Pokémon put to sleep by Wigglytuff's Sing.
- Fixed a bug affecting Lucario's Close Combat+ damage.
- Fixed a bug causing attacks performed while using Blastoise's Rapid Spin to decrease the movement speed of opposing Pokémon.
- Fixed a bug allowing the user to use either Hydro Pump or Water Spout at the same time as basic attacks while also using Blastoise's Rapid Spin.
- Fixed a bug with the shove effect of Machamp's Barrage Blow.
- Fixed a bug with Machamp's Barrage Blow being used on superjump springboards.
- Fixed a bug causing both basic attacks and boosted attacks of Slowbro to decrease the Sp. Def of opposing Pokémon.
- Fixed a bug affecting the swapping of Defense with Mr. Mime's Guard Swap.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when opposing Pokémon are pulled toward the Gengar with Lick.
- Fixed a bug affecting Gengar's Lick's timing.
- Fixed a bug affecting opposing Pokémon put to sleep by Snorlax's Yawn.
- Fixed a bug affecting the HP recovery when Eldegoss's Cotton Guard ends.
Pokemon Rebalances in Game Update Sept. 22 Explained
Each Pokemon will be listed in alphabetical order underneath its own subheading.
- Nightslash—cooldown reduced, AoE adjusted
- Sucker Punch—cooldown reduced, unstoppable condition lasts for longer
- Fixed bugs with Snow Warning, Snow Globe
- Blizzard—changed damage behavior after hitting an obstacle
- Fire Punch—targets affected by Burn has been adjusted
- Flamethrower—movement speed increase buff
- Fire Blast—cooldown reduced
- Seismic Slam—charge rate decrease, new description
- Pyro Ball—cooldown reduced, damage dealt increased
- Blaze—ability effect timing adjusted
- Flame Charge—cooldown reduced
- Boosted Attack—damage dealt decreased
- Surf—damage dealt decreased
- Dive—cooldown reduced
- Gatling Gulp Missile—damage dealt decrease
- Adjusted hitbox
- Fixed bugs with Boosted Attack
- Leaf Tornado—improved effects, adjusted for better feel
- Overall defense and special defense stat increase
- Rough Skin—adjusted time between procs
- Fixed bugs with Boosted Attack, Psychock+
- Maximum attack and HP increased
- Double Team—improved the movement of the illusory copies
- Waterburst Shuriken—adjustment to improve proc ease
- Torrent—attack increase nerfed
- Power-Up Punch—damage dealt decreased
- Close Combat—damage dealt decreased, number of attacks increased
- Barrier—adjusted so it refills its reserve uses to the maximum
Wild Boss: Regigigas
- For a short time, your team’s goal-scoring speed increases and your team’s goals become unblockable once they defeat Regigigas.
- Surf—adjusted AoE
- Overall attack increase
- Fly—cooldown reduced, buff to aerial movement speed
- Flame Sweep—charge rate increased
- Giga Drain—damage reduction increased
- Petal Dance—cooldown reduced, damage dealt increased, movement speed increase buff
- Max-level special attack decreased
- Dazzling Gleam—damage dealt decreased
- Pound—damage dealt decreased
- Cute Charm—adjusted time between procs
- Slash—number of attacks decreased, damage per attack increased
- Spark—lengthened time between uses, number of attacks in the combo increased
- Wild Charge—cooldown and damage received reduced