PUBG Update 6.1 went live Wednesday on the PC Test Server introducing Karakin along with it the Black Zone.
Each PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS map, much like every game in the battle royale genre, has a hazardous zone mechanic. The zone is meant to push players closer together and perpetuate a game's ending.
PUBG Black Zone Revealed for New Map Karakin
Here's everything you need to know about the Black Zone, according to the Update 6.1 patch notes:
- The Black Zone is designed to push players out of the safety of a building.
- The hazard is random: towns and compounds can be undamaged, totally flattened, and everything in between.
- The mix of buildings and ruins evolves in real time throughout the match: Meaning don’t always expect that building you run to for cover to be there late in the match.
- Remember, if you hear the siren, and you are inside that purple circle on the mini-map - evacuate!
- Buildings destroyed by the Black Zone will be marked with X on the mini-map.
To make room for Karakin and the Black Zone, PUBG Corp removed Vikendi from the matchmaking rotation. The map is set to receive a revamp and is still available for selection in custom games.
PUBG Update 6.1 is now live on the PC Test Servers.