The PUBG Console Update 13.1 is set to bring plenty of changes and noteworthy additions to the popular battle royale title.
Before dropping into battle, here's what's new to PUBG: Battlegrounds with the 13.1 console update.
PUBG Console Update 13.1: Everything You Need to Know
The PUBG Console 13.1 Update includes the following:
Multi Care Packages
- Increased the number of Care Packages: Standard Care Packages (1), Small Care Packages (5–15)
- Multi-drop Care Package Contents: Ammo, healing items, throwables. Standard Care Package spawn items can also be found inside, with low probability.
- How to enter the Secret Room: After obtaining the key, you can open the secret room door and enter to loot items.
- Available items: Self AED, Scopes, Low chance of Care Package items, Large number of healing items and throwables
- The emergency landing plane moves faster than the standard starting plane, but the fall height varies greatly, resulting in a varied falling duration.
- The farther you jump at the beginning of the flight, the farther you can travel. The later you jump off, the shorter you can travel, as the plane altitude decreases.
- If you decide not to jump off the plane, you’ll take 50% damage at the end of its journey.
- Sprays can be applied to most surfaces, excluding water, windows, vehicles, and players.
- You can apply Sprays at close-range only and in most situations, including while moving or standing still.
- Sprays cannot be used in the lobby.
- Sprays can be equipped under Customize – Emotes & Sprays tab.
- Each player can only have one spray displayed in the world at a time, with new sprays replacing previous ones.
- Northwest Island Geographical Improvements: Added small cliffs and rocks to be used as cover on the south beach of the northwest island.
- Northwest Island Temple at the Summit Improvements: Relocated the Temple (Removed the buildings which did not have item spawns and replaced them with new buildings containing item spawns). Removed cliffs and added cover. Adjusted the angles of the rocks.
Taego Featured Map - Mode Changes
- We are closing the following modes from AS,OC and SA servers: Solo, Duo
Matchmaking - Map Rotation
- Paramo has been removed and Karakin has been added to Normal Matches.
- Maps available in Normal Matches: Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok, Vikendi, Karakin
Ranked Season 13
- Honor Based Rewards: At the beginning of Season 13, all eligible players will be granted their Season 12 rewards, including nameplates/emblems available for the duration of the season.
Honor-based rewards from Season 12 will be removed from the inventory with the start of next season.
- Season 12 Ranked Mode Rewards: Emblem and Nameplates (Players who played at least 10 Ranked Matches will earn an emblem and nameplate matching their end-of-season rank. Platinum Tier and above receive an Animated Ranked Emblem. Master Tier will receive an Animated Nameplate. Top 500 players are rewarded with a Unique Animated Emblem and Nameplate. Honor-based emblems will now be shown on your PUBG ID and displayed to enemies when you successfully take them out. Emblems will also be visible in the Death Cam and to spectators.), Skin (Players Gold V and above will receive an exclusive Season 12 Ranked Parachute Skin.)
- Upcoming Ranked Schedules: Season 12 Ranked Mode will end once servers go into maintenance on August 12th KST (Console). Season 13 Ranked Mode will begin when servers go live with the live server update next month.
- How will my rewards be delivered?: All rewards are granted automatically at the beginning of the new season. You may find the rewards on the pop-up screen shown upon your first log-in of the new season.
- Changes in Ranked Season 13: Ranked Season 12 (3,000 RP is the lower limit of demotion. You can maintain Diamond Rank even if you don’t play Ranked for seven days or more.), Ranked Season 13 (RP can now decay below 3,000. 100 RP will be detected per day for players Diamond tier or higher who do not play Ranked at least once a week. 100 RP deduction per day continues until the player plays a Ranked match. Decay also stops once RP drops below 3,000. This means the deduction stops when you reach Platinum I.), Diamond tier cannot be maintained by players who don’t participate in Ranked for 7 days or more in a row.
Item Spawn Changes
- Spawn Rate Changes: Self AED +37%, Stocks: -1%, Stun Grenade -14%, Molotov Cocktail -3%
- New Items Added: Emergency Pickup, C4, Spike Trap
Weapon Balance Update
- The ballistics of the following Sniper Rifles (Kar98k (+Julie’s Kar98k), Mosin-Nagant, M24) have been adjusted: Increased muzzle velocity (+20-25m/s). Slightly flatter bullet trajectory. Decreased drag. Increased damage coefficient at long range (0.9 → 0.95).
- Some mechanics of the following Sniper Rifles (Kar98k (+Julie’s Kar98k), Mosin-Nagant, M24) have been adjusted: Decreased bolt-action delay, Increased bolt-action speed, Faster transition to scoping after bolting, Increased rate of fire
- The following balance changes have been applied to DMRs: Increased bullet drop and reduced damage coefficient at long range for the Mini 14, QBU, SKS and SLR. Decreased damage coefficient at long range for the Mk12.
- ARs: QBZ (Increased damage (41 → 42). Slightly reduced horizontal recoil.), G36C (Slightly reduced horizontal recoil.)
- LMGs: DP-28 (Increased damage (51 → 52).), M249 (Reduced horizontal recoil during extended sprays.)
- SMGs: PP-19 BIZON (Increased damage (35 → 36).)
More information on WSUS Updates, UI/UX Improvements, QoL Improvements, Performance, Items and Skins, and Bug Fixes can be found on the official patch notes posted on PUBG's official website.
Live maintenance for the new update is set to run from Wednesday, Aug. 11, at 9 p.m. to Thursday, Aug. 12, at 3:30 a.m. PT.