PUBG Corp issued its first PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS challenge by enlisting players to secure the best Melee Throw kill they could get.
PUBG Corp added the ability to throw melee weapons in November and the clips came pouring in on the internet. The company behind PUBG then created the PUBG Awards: an opportunity to submit the best 30 second clip possible in different categories.
Here's everything you need to know about the PUBG Awards and its first challenge.
PUBG Corp Challenges Players to Get the Best Melee Throw Kills Possible
The PUBG Awards kicked off on Nov. 27 with the Aim to Win challenge.
As the category 'Aim to Win' implies, the first week was all about getting kills with thrown melee weapons. Players had to reply to a Twitter post with a 30 seconds or less clip and subsequent hashtags to enter.
Each week has 56 winners awarded prizes according to the following breakdown:
- 50 Third Prize Winners - 2019 PUBG Awards in-game shirt
- 5 Second Prize Winners - 2019 PUBG Awards in-game and physical shirt
- 1 First Prize Winner - Second Prize awards and physical trophy
PUBG Awards 2019: Dates to Know
Week 1 is over, but there are still more contests this month. Here are the dates you need to know:
- Week 2: I Meant to Do That... - Most Entertaining or Fortunate Mistakes (Dec. 4-7)
- Week 3: Just Got My License - Vehicular Action at Its Finest (Dec. 11-14)
- Week 4: Scope Showdown - Show off Your Win94 Skills (Dec. 18-21)